Corporate Affairs Director, Taiwan
Location: Taiwan, Tapai
Hotel: Corp Taiwan, Room 3750, Taipei 101 Tower, No. 7 Sec. 5, Xinyi Road, 0000
Job number: 104018
The Director of Corporate Affairs is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with government officials, industry stakeholders, trade associations, and focus on developing and executing the strategies aligned with Greater China and global business strategies and objectives to support the company's business interests in Taiwan. This role is also responsible for developing and executing a communication strategy with support from function teams in Greater China support center to promote and protect IHG’s reputation in Taiwan. It includes,
- Establishing and maintaining strong government relations and building trusted institutional partnership with government stakeholders for policy communication, issue/crisis management, and to secure government support to IHG’s strategic business development in Taiwan.
- Identifying and exploring opportunities to support operation, commercial, development and the overall support to the corporate and hotels by leveraging resources of government, associations/chambers of commerce, medias and related key stakeholders in Taiwan.
- Defining and implementing the corporate communications and corporate responsibility plans and lead the activities focused on building IHG’s company profile and reputation in Taiwan through all appropriate channels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and updating the government mapping with clear picture of role/responsibility of the governments and their relevance/implication to IHG’s business.
- Building a comprehensive and systematic policy monitoring, communication, and lobbying network and mechanism to be fully aware of and constantly improve the policy/regulatory environment for IHG’s business operation.
- Providing report/analysis on political and economic environment/major events, government agenda/initiatives to Greater China management team, and establishing streamlined internal process to timely alert relevant functions of relevant policy/regulatory change and taking an important role in cross-function response/action needed.
- With the support from Greater China support center, building and maintaining good relationship with the British Office in Taipei, relevant industry association and chambers to establish effective platform and channels for policy lobbying and promote IHG’s image and presence.
- Identifying key and high-level engagement opportunities for Greater China management team, e.g. high profile events, government meetings, etc. for top leaders to participate to build high-level relationship.
- Providing strategic support to the internal functions and hotels on related business opportunities. Supporting in the crisis management activities, offering overarching guidance of crisis management to minimize the impact on the company and hotels.
- Identifying cooperation opportunities with the stakeholders and developing relevant program/project, forum/seminar/training to support the business teams.
- Executing the communications strategy and plans to successfully engage our audience groups with the support from function teams in Greater China support center. Act as counsel providing comms support across the key functions in Taiwan market.
- Implementing the regional delivery of Corporate Responsibility programmes, championing the regions needs and priorities and reflecting this in the communications to ensure success.
- Facilitating and executing the Greater China owner relations strategy and annual plan in Taiwan with the support from the function teams in Greater China support center.
- Strong people skills to develop relationship and establish smooth communication channels
- Strong analytical capability and skills to be able to identify and resolve the key issues
- Strong business sense to develop the link and synergy for cooperation with stakeholders
- Strong written and oral communication both in English and Chinese
- Self-motivated and the ability to execute agreed strategies with minimal supervision
- Team player
- B.A. degree or above in political, social science, English literature or related discipline
- Significant experience working with government agencies and a good understanding of how policy-making processes work in different organizations and levels
- Experience of working effectively across a matrix organization, influencing and partnering with leadership teams and cross-functional business teams
- Knowledge and insights of the policies, laws, regulations relating to the hospitality industry
- 10+ years experience in working on corporate affairs or government affairs in international organization or MNCs
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.