Cook (Casual) - InterContinental Adelaide
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, South Australia, Adelaide
Hotel: InterContinental - Adelaide (ADLHA)
Job number: EMEAA25770
InterContinental Adelaide is an Iconic Adelaide hotel in a prime riverside location. We operate a variety of restaurants and events within the Hotel and are all focused on delivering True Hospitality to our customers and colleagues.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts our role is to put the glamour into international travel. That is where you come in. When you are part of the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand you are more than just a job title. At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts we look for people who are charming, confident, and internationally-minded; people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations.
Your day to day
InterContinental Adelaide is proud of the fantastic Culinary Team we have built delivering great food to our guests and customers! We believe in teamwork and developing our people and are looking for passionate cooks to join our friendly team.
- Make each meal a feast for the eyes and treat for the taste buds. With your own signature flare, you’ll turn our high standards into memorable meals for every guest
- Own your kitchen – keep on top of supplies and equipment, and minimise waste
- Tell your supervisor or duty manager about any unsafe equipment, low supplies or safety incidents
- Help create a safe space by following our safety procedures and wearing necessary protective equipment
- Be cleaner than clean – meet or exceed local cleanliness and hygiene laws
- Help with washing up and other kitchen duties when needed
- Take on other ad-hoc duties when the whole team needs to pull together
What we need from you
- Strong – sometimes you’ll need to lift, push and pull big objects up to 23 kg. This can involve bending and kneeling
- Literate – you’ll need a good grasp of reading, writing and basic math
- Flexible – night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- Compliant – as well as meeting local laws on food handling, you’ll be above the minimum age required and fluent in the local language
- Articulate – a great communicator, you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to
- Qualified – completed your Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent.
What we offer
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, well give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand and IHG and well make sure you will have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com