Cook 2 (Banquets) - InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United States, California, Los Angeles
Hotel: Los Angeles Downtown (LAXHC), 900 Wilshire Boulevard, 90017
Job number: USA20621
Do you see yourself as a Cook? What's your passion? At IHG we're interested in YOU. We employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.Your day to day
- Efficiently prepare and produce hot and cold food for a la carte restaurant service as well as banquet and catering events while working in a fast-paced restaurant kitchen and/or production kitchen environment
- Understands proper food storage/staging, production timing, plate-up processes, dish-out processes and expediting procedures for restaurant orders and banquet events
- Works closely and effectively with back of house kitchen management to maintain a consistent high quality product in regards to food preparation, presentation and service
- Ensure that the highest level of guest experience is maintained at all times
- Maintain working knowledge and experience in food and kitchen safety
Minimum of 5 years of experience in high volume kitchens preferred (hotel, resort, catering, restaurant)
This job requires the ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Moving about the kitchen
- Handling food, objects, products and utensils
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please click “Apply” and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.