Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: United Kingdom, Buckinghamshire, Denham
Hotel: Corp Denham
Job number: R192886
IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with a portfolio of almost 6,000 hotels across 16 brands including Six Senses, InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza. More than 350,000 people work in our hotels and corporate offices in 100+ countries. IHG is a FTSE 100 company listed on the London and New York Stock Exchanges and is headquartered in Denham, Buckinghamshire, UK.
With an award-winning culture, IHG’s employer brand is brought to life through offering colleagues ‘Room to grow’ and exceptional development opportunities.
Your day to day
Working closely with the Manager and Europe team lawyers you will provide contract administration and compliance support to Europe’s hotel lifecycle
- Prepare and issue new franchise license, conversion, change of ownership and relicensing agreements to franchisees and managed hotel owners.
- Conduct all aspects of licensing execution to include due diligence, issuance of franchise disclosure and collection of any fees.
- Receive and review all documents relating to all entities that have an equity interest in the license. Verify all licensing data such as dates, signatures, completion of forms, etc. Send and receive related licensing documents to internal contacts for various forms of approval and follow up to ensure all documents are complete and correct.
- Draft variations throughout term of franchise licenses and follow up for completion.
- Serve as contact for licensees or representatives of licensees for information relating to the execution of a license agreement.
- Issue, defaults, extensions and termination letters in connection with licensees not meeting system/license requirements.
- Support on debt recovery process for terminated or cancelled projects
- Support managed and franchised hotels through the opening process.
- Process accurate Principal Correspondent records and facilitate appropriate process to update as needed.
- Issue and execute all special agreements including impact letters, comfort letters, and ancillary agreements.
- Assist in developing or modifying procedures for contract administration as needed.
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Business or a related field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- 1+ years work-related experience as a paralegal or within contracts management.
- Fluent written and spoken English language (additional languages a bonus)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other PC-based software programs.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills for the purpose of conveying information to internal and external customers or providing information via written reports or correspondence.
- Demonstrated strong writing and reading comprehension skills for purposes of drafting, compiling, or interpreting legally binding license agreements and financial letters
- Demonstrated understanding of contractual agreements and demonstrated ability to administer ongoing contracts or similar detail-oriented projects.
What we offer
- At IHG we give our colleagues greater flexibility and balance – working in a more hybrid way, blending remote and office working. We like to believe we offer a unique culture, where there’s inclusivity yet room to be yourself. When hard work pays off, it’s positive to know you’re appreciated.
- Alongside our great working environment, we’ll offer you a strong package firstly including an industry competitive salary, an annual bonus, healthcare and incredible worldwide hotel discounts.
- As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process.
Whilst this role will initially be based in our Denham head office location, by Summer of 2022 we will be relocating to our new Global Headquarters in central Windsor so you will need to be able to travel to Windsor as required in the longer term.