C&E Team Leader
Hotel Brand: Principal Hotels
Location: United Kingdom, Yorkshire, York
Hotel: Principal York
Job number: R204352
Principal York are looking for a Conference and Events Team Leader to join their growing team
Principal York being steps from the train station and is the perfect base from which to discover the historic city of York. Blending the grandeur of late-Victorian architecture with the comforts of modern travel, at Principal York offers we offer our guests the warmest welcome this side of the Pennines. Our hotel and teams combined, make the Principal York more than just a place to sleep. It is a place of memories.
If you are looking for an exciting new role were no 2 days, the same...this is the role for you! Your days will vary from a corporate meeting to a baby shower to a Christmas event or a wedding. It really is the department with the most variety!
We are looking for someone who can work 40 hours per week.
We are paying £12.50 per hour (Every Hour Paid!)
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
What’s in for you as an Events Team Leader (just in case you need more persuading)
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG hotels and Resort family, FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world.
- £12.50 per hour, Plus Great IHG Perks!
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (pro rata)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- 50% off on F&B when staying over in IHG properties on Employee Rate
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Employee healthcare plan
- Access to Mental Healthcare first aiders
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
What we need from you
Our people help to make the biggest difference - If you enjoy variety and are at your best when being part of a team as well as being passionate about delivering excellent guest service through delivering high-quality food & beverages to all guests, this role is for you.
It’s important to remember your importance and reason for completing each job- Our guests! From taking and delivering an order, dealing with customer transaction, or dealing with guest queries.
You’ll be called upon to complete a wide variety of tasks and jobs within the hotel and it’s extremely important that you remain flexible and versatile around this. This is a full guest facing role, where you play a vital part in delivering a fantastic guest experience and it’s important to remain friendly approachable and be the best version of you whenever you come in to contact with one of our guests.
To succeed as our Conference and Events Team Leader, you will need:
- To be passionate about delivering great service and great food and drinks
- Experience in a Supervisor / Team Leader role within a Hotel Food and Beverage or Conference and Events department
- Experience within a property of similar size and complexity.
- Experience with working with customers in a busy environment
- To be willing to learn new things and work as part of a wide hotel team
Do you have what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.