Conference & Events Sales Executive ( Saudi Nationals only)
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts
Location: Saudi Arabia, Jeddah
Hotel: Jeddah Al Salam (JEDJA), 7755 Prince Sultan Road, Al-Muhammadiyah District, P.O. Box 127314, 21352
Job number: 123122
Welcome to IHG. Now that you’re part of our family, let’s explain the role you will play. What’s the job?
Develop and generate business leads supporting hotel revenue in rooms, F&B, & C&E targets, achieving personal targets and contributing in overall hotel revenue targets, participate in department reports generation, meetings and initiatives. Ensure applying IHG winning ways including IWOS. Regularly sell hotel rooms, meeting rooms, and food and beverage through direct client contacts.
At Crowne Plaza we look for people who are dynamic, confident and ambitious; people who excel in their role and help our guests succeed too.Sales Executive
- Manage day-to-day personal sales activities, including a stream-lined business/deals/contracts/events handover to all concerned parties in sales and other departments.
- Participate and support sales team in implementing sales strategies.
- Participate in training new sales colleagues.
- Work in close coordination with other departments to ensure best service is offered to all hotel guests.
- Carry out daily administrative / reporting tasks required i.e. forecasts, sales activity, productivity, and other duties and special projects as assigned. Analyse any variance on production for all accounts managed, plan and implement corrective action as required.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Achieve budgeted revenues and personal sales goals and maximise profitability. Participate in the execution of the departmental plan, the hotel marketing plan, business plan.
- Create and implement personal sales plans, support the department director and sales team in executing tactical plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase volume, food and beverage and banquet sales.
- Generate revenue from sponsorships when applicable throughout the hotel and in all opportunities, focus on renting out all vacant venues with the highest returns.
- Establish customer base of individuals, organisations, associations, social and/or corporate businesses through direct sales activities to secure business for the hotel and ensure that total revenue goals are met or exceeded.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients, all major business sources, and all international and regional distribution channels to further develop opportunities for all hotel products.
- Produce daily, weekly, and monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyse current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor personal performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established individual and departmental financial goals.
- Negotiate food and beverage prices, function space, and hotel services within approved departmental booking guidelines.
- Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programmes, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience.
- Arrange and conduct off-site presentations and site inspections for potential customers. Entertain customers in accordance with established company and hotel policies and guidelines.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients and outside contacts in order to produce corporate, governmental, group and/or convention business, including rooms, food & beverage, and catering/banquet sales.
- Conduct banquet and catering facility tours and entertain clients to enhance the guests’ meeting/banquet experience.
- In the pre-event planning process, consult with the meeting planners to identify optimal meeting room configuration, recommendation on meeting/break flow, menu planning, food and beverage coordination, table arrangements, decoration options, etc. to improve meeting efficiency and productivity.
- Arrange all details of meetings and conventions to include room set-ups, staging, lighting, audiovisual, traffic flow, menus, décor, entertainment, group room blocks, transportation, billing instructions and VIP services.
- Meet with each meeting planner daily to debrief on daily events, review consumption, bill and any exceptions to contracted billing and review estimates of final billing.
- Plan and conduct pre-event and post-event meetings with clients and catering staff to determine potential enhancements to the guest experience.
- Analyse and action against client satisfaction surveys to improve services.
- Coordinate safety and security initiatives to ensure meetings flow smoothly with minimal interruptions or problems. Coach and advise clients on meeting options and alternatives that potentially reduce waste, save energy and have a minimal impact to the environment.
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community.
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
1) Achieve budgeted revenues and personal sales goals and maximise profitability.
2) Produce daily, weekly, and monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyse current/potential market and sales trends.
3) Develop and maintain relationships with key clients, all major business sources, and all international and regional distribution channels to further develop opportunities for all hotel products.
4) Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community.
5) Generate revenue from prospect leads when applicable throughout the hotel and in all opportunities with the maximum conversion ratio, focus on renting out all vacant venues with the highest returns.
What we need from you
Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in marketing or related field, and two to four years of experience in a hospitality or hotel sales and marketing setting with direct supervisory experience over a sales team, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Must speak local language.
- Other languages must.
We genuinely care about people and we show this through living out our promise of True Hospitality each and every day. It’s what connects every colleague in all IHG hotels.
Each IHG® hotel brand delivers True Hospitality in their own way, and at the heart of it all are specific, core service skills.
- True Attitude: being caring, wanting to make a positive difference, and building genuine connections with guests
- True Confidence: having the knowledge and skills to perform your role, and giving guests the confidence that they can trust you, to help and support them during their stay
- True Listening: focusing on what your guest is saying, picking up on body language that is often overlooked, and understanding what the guest wants and needs
- True Responsiveness: is about providing guests with what they need, and doing so in a timely and caring manner
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.