Conference & Events Coordinator - InterContinental Adelaide
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, South Australia, Adelaide
Job number: EMEAA32622
InterContinental Adelaide has a fantastic opportunity to join the team as a Conference & Events Coordinator! This role is a dynamic role that helps clients plan their perfect event or function. It forms a key part of a close-knit and supportive team with plenty of room to grow!
As an Iconic Adelaide hotel, InterContinental Adelaide delivers true hospitality to each other and our guests in the heart of Adelaide.
At Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts® we live by the saying “Live the Intercontinental Life”, This means delivering discreet luxury service whilst offering a true sense of hospitality that money can’t buy.
Your day to day
Do you love to organise events and are the go-to person in your friend group when things need to be arranged? Well, this role could be a great fit for you! As Conference & Events Coordinator you will provide coordination and administration services for InterContinental Adelaide's conference and events team. You will work across the Commercial and Banqueting teams
to ensure all events are planned and executed whilst exceeding our clients needs. You’ll have ambition, talent and obviously, some key skills:
- Attention to detail - in planning an event every details matter and you'll be responsible for communicating the details to internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication - You will have sophisticated verbal and written communication skills and be able to influence stakeholders effectively
- Confidence - you will speak and meet with a lot of stakeholders on a daily basis and your confidence will foster a trusted relationship
- Flexible - to add the personal touch you may be required to be a point of contact for key events
- Sale skills - Use your personalised approach to manage clients on a day-to-day basis and secure business
- Well presented - you'll meet with clients to do site inspections and support their event
- Tech Savvy - you will use a number of systems every day and need to be able to get the best out of them
- A passion for organising - This is a vocation not just a job
- A growth mindset - you be part of a team that can help teach you and
- Flair - You'll have the creative vision to bring the event to life
What we need from you
This critical position requires a positive attitude as well as the following qualifications, skills and attributes:
- The current right to live and work in Australia
- Teamwork – the ability to work across multiple departments
- Planning, problem-solving, reasoning, motivating, organisational and training abilities are used often previous experience in Hotels is preferred
- Previous event planning experience for at least 1 year
- Knowledge and demonstrated history of using hotel systems such as Delphi and Opera would be an advantage
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
What we offer
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, well give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand and IHG and well make sure you will have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com