Conference & Banqueting Manager
Location: United Kingdom, England, Dorking
Hotel: Wotton House Country Estate Hotel (GUIDW)
Job number: R192405
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and experienced Conference & Banqueting Manager to join our Food & Beverage team at Wotton House Country Estate.
As our Conference & Banqueting Manager you will be an exceptional team player and have a passion for delivering an outstanding guest experience. You will be an excellent and confident communicator and can interact with guests and clients to ensure a fantastic experience at our Luxury property.
As a senior member of the F&B Management team you will be supervising a small team of permanent staff members and coordinate your daily tasks accordingly. Born a natural leader, you will be excited to share your knowledge and support with junior members of the team.
Main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Food & Beverage Lead in the daily preparations for in-house events by ensuring that all events are set up according to standards and guest requests.
- Supervise assigned events and take responsibility of any last-minute changes the organizer may make, and act upon them confidently.
- Work closely with the Events Sales team and ensure efficient interdepartmental communication is guaranteed and maintained at all times.
- Hold regular team briefings to ensure all team members are fully aware of upcoming event requirements, service schedules and menus (ingredients, dietary requirements, etc.)
- Assist the Food & Beverage Lead in maintaining accurate budgets, submitting monthly payroll and other financial aspects relating to your department and role.
- Assist in all Food & Beverage outlets as required
- Attend and support departmental meetings or training sessions and be knowledgeable of all departmental standards.
- Encourage and motivate all members of the team to achieve a positive and proactive working environment.
What we need from you
Working at IHG Hotels & Resorts is not just about working. And it’s certainly not like working at other places. We value personality, individuality, creativity, doing right, continually improving, focus and passion
To succeed as our Conference & Banqueting Manager, you will need:
- Events Management and team leadership experience for 2+ years in a property of similar size & standard.
- Can perform a variety of activities as needed, as a minimum; supervise a large-scale meeting, wedding or social event and host and supervise a service across all meal periods
- Expected to have completed Food Safety Level 2 and completion of other appropriate and relevant courses
- Knowledge of appropriate F&B systems to support operational processes table reservation and management system, Micros Simphony (or relevant POS) and Quinyx
- Demonstrates a thirst for knowledge with an understanding on critical issues and potential technology and trends in hotel food and beverage
- Can talk through activities that would be required on a food and beverage marketing calendar and recognises how to impact different booking channels
What we offer
So what’s in for you (just in case you need more persuading)
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG Hotels and Resorts family, a FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world, so we can offer you a market leading package:
- Up to £32,000 per annum (Dependent on Experience)
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days?(Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
Do you have what it takes to be our Conference & Banqueting Manager? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!?
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.