Concierge - InterContinental Boston
Location: United States, Massachusetts, Boston
Hotel: InterContinental - Boston (BOSHA)
Job number: R200673
What's your passion? Whether you're into fishing, wind surfing or checkers, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
HOTEL OVERVIEW: For 70 years, the InterContinental® Brand has been writing the story of international travel and showing guests the InterContinental Life through personalized service, memorable, one of a kind experiences and global etiquette. As part of the largest luxury hotel brand in the world, InterContinental® Boston is a landmark of luxury; rated in the top five on Trip Advisor for Boston hotels, named one of the ‘Best Hotels in the World' by Condé Nast Traveler magazine and featuring a Forbes Four-Star, 4 Diamond AAA rated hotel experience. The property overlooks Boston's historic waterfront, featuring 424 luxurious ultra-modern accommodations with distinctive style and breathtaking waterfront or downtown city views, a full service spa and fitness club, 32,000 square feet of premier meeting and event space, and an array of restaurants and bars influenced by a variety of international flavors. We are looking for passionate people who are charming, confident and internationally-minded to ensure we continue the story of making great things happen at InterContinental® Boston.
Your day to day
- Collect and provide comprehensive information and coordinate guest requests including but not limited to hotel services, sporting events, places of interest, restaurants, theater, airline, transportation tickets, limousine rentals, sightseeing tours and any other information of interest. Handle reservations and obtain/issue tickets where applicable.
- Provide guest assistance with florists, couriers, mail services, rental of small business machines, international calls, etc.
- Respond appropriately to guest concerns or complaints in a timely manner. Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
- Maintain a neat and orderly concierge desk and area that reflects highly on the hotel and brand.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments. Be aware and prepare for all in-house group meetings and VIP arrivals.
- Perform other duties as assigned such as assisting the bell stand, providing luggage, and assistance, etc.
What we need from you
High School diploma or equivalent plus one year experience as a concierge or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Some College and knowledge of locale preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Handling objects such as phone, computer keyboard
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and third parties.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing departmental records/logs, tagging bags, etc.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.