Concierge - Holiday Inn Singapore Little India
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Hotel: Singapore Little India (SINLI), 10 Farrer Park Station Road, 217564
Job number: 113548
At Holiday Inn® Hotels & Resorts, our job is to bring the joy of travel to everyone. That’s where you come in. When you’re part of the Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts brand, you’re more than just a job title.
At Holiday Inn, we look for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life; people who are always finding ways to make every guest’s experience an enjoyable one.
Your Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
• Works with Superior and Front Office Manager in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget.
• Works with Superior and Human Resources on manpower planning and management needs
• Conduct effective shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known
• Prepare efficient work schedule for Bell staff, arranging holidays and vacations, taking into consideration projected occupancy and forecasts and any large group movements, especially those with early or late arrivals and departures
• Assist guests with all inquiries, both hotel and non-hotel related
• Maintain adequate supplies of forms, brochures and ensure they are presented in line with hotel standards
• Maintain detailed knowledge of the activities of the day and alert to any potential problems
• Maintain detailed knowledge of key occurrences in your city/location including directions to key points of interests, restaurants, theaters, shopping, cinemas, sporting and recreational facilities, banks, consulates, transport systems and special events
• Manage all incoming guest mail, messages, telexes, facsimiles and special deliveries, in accordance with policy
• Manage outgoing guest mail, courier services, postage of parcels and freighting as directed by guests
• Maintain order and security of guest keys and other selected keys kept in Front Office, ensuring key issue policy is followed
• Receive telephone calls and take messages for guests who are out, in accordance with hotel policy
• Record incoming registered mail, telegram, parcel, telex in appropriate file
• Night staff check mail, message of expected guests against the system/computer and expected arrivals
• Consult Log Book for information/request left by outgoing shift
• Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines
• Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
• Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
• Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
• Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
What we need from You:
- High School, Diploma or equivalent plus 1 year of Concierge experience including some supervisory training/experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Front Office (OPERA) System
- Possesses problem solving, motivating, organizational and training abilities
What we Offer
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package – including:
- Duty meals
- Birthday Leave on your birthday month
- Monthly LOVE Hour
- Extensive coverage of Medical, dental & optical benefits
- Insurance Coverage
- F&B Discount at restaurants within IHG Singapore Hotels
- Special Employee Rate at all IHG Hotels worldwide
- Room to Grow opportunities
What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow. And because the Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 6,000 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to Holiday Inn and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have Room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.