Concierge - InterContinental Washington DC - The Wharf
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, District of Columbia, Washington
Hotel: InterContinental - Washington D.C. - The Wharf (WASHC)
Job number: R199587
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
A luxurious hotel destination at The Wharf on D.C.’s Waterfront, the InterContinental Washington D.C. – The Wharf is the newest addition to the reimagined Wharf neighborhood bringing sophistication to its contemporary style. Perfectly placed on the beautiful Potomac River, InterContinental Washington D.C. – The Wharf enjoys the most incredible waterfront views of D.C. Steps away from America’s political epicenter, the hotel embraces guests with an exquisitely curated resort destination that reignites the river’s edge and a captivating sanctuary in the center of The Wharf neighborhood, paying homage to the maritime and industrial-working heritage of its setting. Featuring Moon Rabbit, a contemporary Vietnamese restaurant by Chef Kevin Tien with a unique and complex menu, as well as a relaxing seasonal rooftop pool with striking Potomac River views and the indulging full-service spa, The Spa at The Wharf, modern luxury, culture, and a rich history combine in the Wharf neighborhood to create a perfect atmosphere for guests and locals alike.
Your day to day
After a big meeting far away from home, or a long wait for a delayed flight, is there anyone more welcoming than a smiling Concierge? As the friendly face of our hotel, you’ll also be a helpful host, a local expert, and a proud brand ambassador. Whether you’re preparing a perfect day of activities as our guests want or helping them to find delicious food, you’ll be devoted to creating relaxing, memorable experiences.
As Concierge your passion for presentation and dedication to delivering excellence will complete each guest’s experience. By taking pride in your workspace, keeping your standards high, and giving each guest the benefit of your expertise, you’ll create some of our guests’ most lasting memories by:
• Answering phone and email inquiries from potential guests in a timely and respectful manner
• Greeting guests and visitors warmly and make them feel welcome and attended
• Offering restaurant and activity recommendations and assist guests in arranging transportation and excursions
• Receiving and redirecting mail, phone calls, packages
• Acting as a liaison between guests and any department necessary including the kitchen and housekeeping
• Anticipating guests needs in order to accommodate them and provide an exceptional guest experience
• Maintaining inventory of supplies and order new stock as needed
What we need from you
- 1+ years of previous customer service experience
- Positive phone demeanor and superior written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Must have a service-oriented mindset and be capable of making every guest feel valued
- Knowledge of basic office equipment, including printers, scanners, copiers, etc
- Exemplify strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Competent working with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Possess a positive attitude and be willing to work as part of a team
- Ability to speak a second language is an asset
- Willing to work irregular shifts and weekends
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.