Hotel Brand: voco
Location: United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Hotel: voco™ - Grand Central Hotel (GLAGS)
Job number: R202444
voco Grand Central has a fantastic opportunity to join the team as a Concierge.
Relive the golden age of travel at voco® Grand Central - Glasgow, an enduring monument to Victorian glamour in an unbeatable central location, attached to Glasgow Central Station, a city landmark since the 19th-century heyday of the railways.
High ceilings, chandeliers and wood paneling embody the elegance that makes our hotel special. Our magnificent, marble-clad Champagne Central bar open all day for sharing menus and afternoon tea, while Tempus Restaurant offers the best of Scottish cuisine. The Grand Ballroom is a charming spot for memorable celebrations, and 10 flexible meeting rooms take care of your business events.
We are looking for Concierges who can work 40 hours per week.
Shifts will mainly focused around weekends.
We are paying £10.00 per hour, every hour worked paid!
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
At voco® everyone’s a host, if there’s one thing we know, it’s that a great host is at the heart of every great stay as we understand what our guest wants by delivering easy-going but attentive service.
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG hotels and Resort family, FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world
- £10.00 per hour – paid for every hour worked!
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
Your day to day
As a Concierge you will work as a member of the Concierge/Guest Services Team it is your job to ensure that great memories are created for all our guests during their whole stay, as guests will be spending their time in and around the hotel.
You will be the first point of contact for our guests, ensuring that they need help with their luggage or valet parking, have a great understanding of the local area, attractions and restaurants to handle requests and arrange books, reservations or transport and ensuring the overall wellbeing of guests.
As well as having excellent communication skills and a positive and friendly personality, our Concierge will also need:
- Previous front office experience in a hotel environment.
- Great knowledge of the local area.
- Well presented
- Outgoing friendly character
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Concierge then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.