Company Secretarial Manager -Singapore based
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Hotel: Corp Singapore
Job number: R202817
IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world, with a portfolio of successful brands including InterContinental, Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn.
We passionately believe that it’s our people who make us what we are today, and it’s our people who will help us and our world-famous brands grow. Whether in our corporate offices or hotels, it’s our colleagues’ distinct personalities and talent that bring to life our purpose of providing True Hospitality for everyone.
We are seeking a Company Secretarial Manager to be based in our Singapore office.
Your day to day
Company Secretarial Manager - The role is to support the Director, Legal, Ops & Compliance &/ regional Legal teams and business, using meticulous organizational & administrative skills, to deliver day to day corporate secretarial and matters associated within the Middle East, Asia, & Africa region (35+countries) ensuring that the region’s group structure meets regulatory and corporate governance compliance by providing an excellent professional Company Secretarial service for the Region
The role is wide-ranging and will require involvement in diverse areas. The wide range of duties and responsibilities will include:
- The support of all corporate secretarial administrative and co-ordination requirement independently ensuring the smooth running of about 70 joint ventures, regional boards’ activities, both statutory and day to day such as the preparation of routine board / shareholder meetings and minutes, and any actions arising therefrom.
- The provision of professional expertise and input such as the advice on the entities’ articles, governance and the regulatory environment for important inter-co transactions, asset acquisitions and disposals.
- Management of and liaison with internal stakeholders and external service providers to meet regulatory compliance required for the regional structure and projects connected to the structure.
- Advice on a wide range of issues, including articles of regional legal entities, compliance with all relevant company laws (assisted by external service providers) and general company secretariat advice
- Update and keep good and current database of the group entities electronically.
What we need from you
ICSA qualified or Diploma in Paralegal Course or qualified solicitor (or equivalent)
- At least 2 years of experience performing a similar role either professional company secretarial work within a multinational company, corporate secretarial firm, law firm or audit firm.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Committed Company Secretarial professional
- Ability to work independently and prioritise effectively.
- Good communication skills (written and oral), meticulous and well organised (filing / keeping data record)
- Good project management skills and a team player
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels and a good team
- PC Literate, including databases
Knowledge and experience of Blueprint / Diligent (or equivalent) is a plus
Familiarity with regional company laws is a plus
What we offer
At IHG we promise to recognise and reward your hard work, we offer a competitive benefits package, including salary, discounted accommodation worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG. You will have the opportunity to deliver some amazing work with a great team of people within our diverse and inclusive culture, and most importantly we’ll give you Room to be Yourself.
So, what's your passion? Please apply on-line and tell us how you can bring your individual skills to IHG. To find out more about us or any other jobs with IHG please go to www.careers.ihg.com