Company Secretarial Assistant – 6-month fixed term contract
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: United Kingdom, England, Denham
Hotel: Corp Denham
Job number: R189846
IHG is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, promising to provide True Hospitality for everyone; making you feel welcome and cared for, recognised and respected, wherever you are in the world. Strong future plans and recent successes, especially across the luxury space is what has made us stand out from the crowd.
Join us and not only can you benefit from the world of variety and opportunity, you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for simply being you. At IHG we celebrate our differences and we believe everyone has something unique to bring to each team.
The Corporate Legal & Secretariat Team are looking for a Company Secretarial Assistant for a 6-month period from late August 2021 to February 2022 to assist with the compilation of this years annual report . This is a great opportunity for someone who has a real interest in understanding how an annual report is put together and would like to get involved with the process.
You will work closely with the Assistant Company Secretary in the delivery of the PLC Annual Report, providing a range of professional and editorial support services.
Your day to day
- Proofreading and copy-editing duties, including fact checking, correcting spelling mistakes and grammatical errors, working to a house style checklist and glossary to ensure consistency in expression and voice across publications, liaising with content owners to approve and implement any changes.
- Assistance with the setup of project meetings and distribution of key documents.
- Assistance with the development and maintenance of Annual Report management tools e.g. project schedules and responsibility documents.
- Assistance with the set up and training of users on the Annual Report collaboration tool, CtrlPrint.
- Assistance with regulatory checklist completion, verification of information contained in the Annual Report and compliance with UK and US regulations and guidance.
- Assistance with implementing the Annual Report design style, including working to brand guidance, sourcing and verification of photos.
- Assistance with associated www.ihgplc.com updates
What we need from you
- Attention to detail is key in this role. You will have a strong academic background and ideally have experience of proof reading/copy-editing.
- First class English skills are a must along with excellent numeracy skills. This role will suit someone who has exceptional administration and organisational skills and a real interest in understanding how an Annual report is produced.
What we offer
- We like to believe we offer a unique culture, where there’s inclusivity yet room to be yourself. When hard work pays off, it’s positive to know you’re appreciated.
- Alongside our great working environment, we’ll offer you a strong package firstly including an industry competitive salary, an annual bonus, healthcare and incredible worldwide hotel discounts.
- As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process.
Closing date for applications: Friday 6th August