Every plate has the potential to create a memory that lasts a lifetime for our guests. To deliver all this and more, we’re looking for a Cook / Commis Chef with a passion for presentation, dedication to flavour and commitment to setting high standards from workspace to table and beyond.
A little taste of your day-to-day:
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be:
● Making every single meal a feast for the eyes and treat for the tastebuds
● Taking ownership for your workstation – keeping on top of supplies, equipment and waste
● Being cleaner than clean to meet or exceed local cleanliness and hygiene laws
● Helping with washing up and other kitchen duties where needed
● Taking on other ad-hoc duties like a true team player
What We need from you:
● The strength to lift, push and pull big objects up to 50lbs (23 kg) which can also involve bending and kneeling
● A good grasp of reading, writing and basic maths
● The flexibility to work night, weekend and holiday shifts
● Compliance with local laws on food handling and serving alcohol – you’ll need to be above the minimum age required and fluent in the local language
● Great communication – you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to
What you can expect from us:
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing
framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.