Commis Chef | InterContinental Sydney Double Bay
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: InterContinental - Sydney Double Bay (SYDIC)
Job number: EMEAA35406
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. InterContinental Sydney Double Bay is an exclusive address offering luxury and privacy at its finest, located in the leafy Eastern Suburbs village of Double Bay. If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
Great restaurant memories come from many places and as a Commis Chef, your passion for presentation and dedication to deliver on flavour will complete each guest's experience.
- Make each meal a feast for the eyes and treat for the taste buds. With your own signature flare, you'll turn our high standards into memorable meals for every guest
- Assist with the preparation, presentation, decoration and storage of dishes
- Own your kitchen - keep on top of supplies and equipment and also minimise waste
- Be cleaner than clean - meet or exceed local cleanliness and hygiene laws
What we need from you
What we need from you
The ideal candidates will have:
- The right to work in Australia
- Qualification in commercial cookery/culinary arts from a registered training provider
- Experience in a hotel environment, particularly banqueting (preferred)
- Strong organisational skills
- Team player with a collaborative approach to work
- Strong attention to detail, written and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritise workload
- A working knowledge and understanding of HACCP procedures
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing. Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further.
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too. Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.