Commis Chef (Full-Time) | Holiday Inn Sydney Potts Point
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: Sydney - Potts Point (SYDAS), 203 Victoria Street, Potts Point, 2011
Job number: 121652
Travel is a journey. We help make it a joy.
Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. We thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn® family.
What's the job?
If you're keen to create different styles of cuisine, learn tricks of the trade and work with a tight-knit, creative team - then this role is the next step in your culinary career. On the daily there will be variety as you’ll prepare an array of dishes catering for the restaurant, bar, room service and banquets. Your culinary passion and creativity will flow through into your presentation and you’ll pride yourself on delivering a fantastic culinary experience for guests, with an emphasis on maintaining hygienic standards and consistency.
What we need from you
The ideal candidate will have:
- The right to work in Australia, full-time with no restrictions (no sponsorship available)
- 6-12 months experience in a commercial kitchen with a passion for culinary arts
- Qualifications in Commercial Cookery/Culinary Arts from a registered training provider
- A friendly face - you’ll be happy to help if someone needs a toothbrush or directions for example
- A good grasp of reading, writing and basic maths
- Collaborative approach to work
- Strong attention to detail, organisational skills, and be effective at time management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritise workload
- Pride in personal grooming and adherence to personal grooming and hygiene standards
- Flexibility to work a 7 day rotating roster – overnight, weekend and public holiday shifts are all part of the job
What we offer
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including free duty meals, free parking, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.