Commis Chef (Full-Time) - Holiday Inn Sydney Airport
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: Holiday Inn - Sydney Airport (SYDBR)
Job number: EMEAA33585
Travel is a journey. We help make it a joy.
Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. We thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn® family.
At the moment we are looking for part time Commis Chef's to join our passionate & driven Kitchen Brigade at Holiday Inn Sydney Airport.
Your day to day
As a Commis Chef, you'll prepare an array of dishes catering for breakfast service in our Sirocco Restaurant, Room Service, Lunch in Biggles Bar and Grill as well as Conference & Events.
Your creativity & passion for food presentation and dedication to delivering flavour will complete each guest’s experience. By taking pride in your workspace, keeping your standards high, and giving our menu the benefit of your expertise, you’ll create some of our guests’ most lasting memories.
You'll be responsible for controlling food preparation and managing wastage for your section and keeping working areas clean and tidy and kitchen equipment in immaculate condition.
What we need from you
- At least 12 months experience in a commercial kitchen ideally in a Hotel environment
- Right to legally work full time in Australia
- Qualifications in Commercial Cookery/Culinary Arts from a registered training provider
- Knowledge of HACCP standards and procedures
- Strong organisational & communication skills with attention to detail
- Flexibility – night, weekend and public holiday shifts are all part of the job
- Team player with a collaborative approach to work
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritise workload
- Look smart – wear your uniform with pride and adhere to personal grooming and hygiene standards
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports your wellbeing. Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further.
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.