Commis 1 at voco® Dubai The Palm (Pre-opening)
Hotel Brand: voco
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai, Dubai
Hotel: voco™ - The Palm (DXBPJ)
Job number: EMEAA29258
Welcome to voco®, IHG’s new upscale brand.
Drawing on our years of experience in delivering True Hospitality, voco Hotels, gives people a different choice. Hotels that are reliable enough to depend on, but different enough to be fun. Our new family of hotels are connected by their individual characters that make memorable travel dependable. Unstuffy hotels, where people feel comfortable to relax, and just get on with relaxing. Hotels that stand out from the crowd.
Becoming part of the family, everyone’s a host…
Every great stay starts with a great host, who are the beating heart of our hotels. Our teams are there when people need them but, give them space to relax. It’s these thoughtful touches that give our service the balance guests adore: natural and easy-going but, also friendly without being over the top.
voco Dubai Palm The Palm is conveniently located on the trunk of the manmade island while being part of the newly launched “Palm West Beach”, a trendy and vibrant spot with an array of exceptional dining concepts. The 141 keys property is scheduled to open its doors to guests in early 2022.
Your day to day
- Ensure the efficient operation of such food production in areas in charge of by the Sous Chef/Chef De Partie.
- Ensure safe, quality food products and complete guest satisfaction.
- Responsible to maintain all standards set by the Sous Chef/Chef De Partie establishes the manner and means to train personnel in his/her area of responsibility According to standard operating procedures.
- Maintain the highest food quality and controls for all food products Served in all areas, accordingly
- Share overall responsibility of proper storing procedures, food orders, food Cost, equipment, sanitation and hygiene with the Chief Steward and the entire Stewarding team.
- Comply and follow the highest health, sanitation and safety, Standards necessary in food handling and overall cleanliness.
- He guarantees that menus, recipes, methods, pictures and specifications given by. The Sous Chef/Chef De Partie is followed exactly.
- Attend required training related to HACCP, on-job, service and other subjects.
What we need from you
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience as a Commis Chef in a hotel/restaurant.
- Strong background in HACCP procedures and application
- Good practical, operational and adequate administrative skills.
- A true “team-player” mentality and flexible attitude towards a diverse set of tasks
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with great salary and benefits – in addition to career development, employee room discounts and great work culture. Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics.
As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve -visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
At IHG, we are committed to developing our team and managing our talent and would encourage internal as well as external candidates to apply for any of our vacancies.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.