Cocktail Server (Full-time) l InterContinental Miami Downtown
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, Florida, Miami
Hotel: InterContinental - Miami (MIAHA)
Job number: R195845
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
A Shining Star Among Downtown Miami Hotels, the InterContinental Miami features the city's premier accommodations, convention, and meeting facilities. Overlooking sparkling Biscayne Bay, we provide a secure, inviting environment in a well-established area of the city. Priding ourselves on being ONE GREAT TEAM, sixth year in a row honored one of the TOP WORKPLACES of South Florida by the Sun Sentinel.
Your day to day
Provide fast and courteous beverage service to guests and ensure quality presentation per established standards. May also provide service of food from the restaurant and/or assist the Bartender with set-up and maintenance of appetizers or “happy hour” buffet.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet all guests and take beverage and food orders in a prompt and professional manner.
- Serve cocktails and/or menu items to bar guests; up-sell when taking orders.
- Perform pre- and post-shift side-work. Stock service station. Fold and stack cocktail napkins and prepare bowls of bar snacks.
- Record order on guest check and ring up on pre-check register or according to hotel procedures. Complete customer payment transactions according to cash and charge procedures.
- Clear and clean tables in a prompt and efficient manner. Clean and/or wipe down stools, tables, chairs, walls, windows, mirrors, and floors as necessary. Empty trash and ashtrays.
- Assist Bartender in preparation of fruits and garnishes; may assist Bartender in setup and replenishment of appetizers or “happy hour” buffet, if applicable.
- Monitor guest behavior and amount of alcohol consumption to determine when alcohol service to the guest should cease; notify management of incidents involving excessive alcohol consumption or impaired condition of customers; check identification whenever age of a guest requesting an alcoholic beverage service is questionable.
- Alert Management of any service and/or safety issues. Make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Coordinate with Bartender and kitchen for ordering and receipt of food and beverages.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What we need from you
Qualifications and Requirements:
Basic reading, writing and math skills. Knowledge of liquor brands, beer, wine, champagne, non-alcoholic beverages, designated glassware, preparation methods and garnishments preferred. Must meet state legal age requirements. Must speak fluent English.
This job requires the ability to perform the following:
- Handling, carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds (bar ware, carts, boxes, bottles, etc)
- Moving about the lounge and kitchen
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, bartender, wait staff, cooks, and supervisor.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when taking orders, completing paperwork, etc.
- Basic math skills are frequently used when handling cash and credit.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we will give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/ Females/ Veterans/ Disabled