Cocktail Server (Full-Time) l InterContinental Miami Downtown
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United States, Florida, Miami
Hotel: Miami (MIAHA), 100 Chopin Plaza, 33131
Job number: 106851
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
A Shining Star Among Downtown Miami Hotels, the InterContinental Miami features the city's premier accommodations, convention, and meeting facilities. Overlooking sparkling Biscayne Bay, we provide a secure, inviting environment in a well-established area of the city. Priding ourselves on being ONE GREAT TEAM, and seven times TOP WORKPLACES of South Florida by the Sun Sentinel.
Your day to day:
As a Cocktail Server, you will provide fast and courteous beverage service to guests and ensure quality presentation per established standards. May also provide service of food from the restaurant and/or assist the Bartender with set-up and maintenance of appetizers or “happy hour” buffet.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet all guests and take beverage and food orders in a prompt and professional manner.
- Serve cocktails and/or menu items to bar guests; up-sell when taking orders.
- Perform pre- and post-shift side-work. Stock service station. Fold and stack cocktail napkins and prepare bowls of bar snacks.
- Record order on guest check and ring up on pre-check register or according to hotel procedures. Complete customer payment transactions according to cash and charge procedures.
- Clear and clean tables in a prompt and efficient manner. Clean and/or wipe down stools, tables, chairs, walls, windows, mirrors, and floors as necessary. Empty trash and ashtrays.
- Assist Bartender in preparation of fruits and garnishes; may assist Bartender in setup and replenishment of appetizers or “happy hour” buffet, if applicable.
- Monitor guest behavior and amount of alcohol consumption to determine when alcohol service to the guest should cease; notify management of incidents involving excessive alcohol consumption or impaired condition of customers; check identification whenever age of a guest requesting an alcoholic beverage service is questionable.
- Alert Management of any service and/or safety issues. Make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Coordinate with Bartender and kitchen for ordering and receipt of food and beverages.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What we need from you:
Qualifications and Requirements:
Basic reading, writing and math skills. Knowledge of liquor brands, beer, wine, champagne, non-alcoholic beverages, designated glassware, preparation methods and garnishments preferred. Must meet state legal age requirements. Must speak fluent English.
This job requires the ability to perform the following:
- Handling, carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds (bar ware, carts, boxes, bottles, etc)
- Moving about the lounge and kitchen
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, bartender, wait staff, cooks, and supervisor.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when taking orders, completing paperwork, etc.
- Basic math skills are frequently used when handling cash and credit.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer:
In return we will give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/ Females/ Veterans/ Disabled.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.