Cocktail Bartender | Two 88 Bar & Kitchen
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Job number: EMEAA21989
Two 88 Bar & Kitchen is one of Sydney's newest wine and cocktail bar, inspired by the art-deco movement and local Australian crafts and produce. Discover new tastes from uniquely Australian locations and a modern spin on old favourites.
Located on the corner of Sussex and Bathurst Streets, the newly built Crowne Plaza Sydney Darling Harbour holds one of Sydney's newest bars, TWO 88 Kitchen & Bar. Access is easy and fast from Town Hall Train Station — only a short 3-minute walk from the hotel. Guests will unwind in design-led, modern and spacious rooms with the latest technology at their fingertips.
Your day to day
The role will require you to;
- Greet guests pleasantly as they approach the bar; promote house drinks and use up-selling skills to increase revenues.
- Prepare beverages requested by guests using established pouring standards and drink recipes to provide a consistent product to the guests
- Monitor guest behavior and guest alcohol consumption to determine when alcohol service to the guest should cease
- Follow established hotel safety protocols and procedures at all times. Immediately report any safety/service incident to the supervisor or manager on duty.
- Set up bar including all liquor, mixers, ice, garnishes, glassware and supplies. Perform pre- and post-shift work
- Requisition all necessary supplies in line with hotel procedures and manage liquor inventory.
- Check bar and seating areas for cleanliness and attractiveness ensuring all standards are aligned to company and local legislative standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
If you’re charismatic, approachable and know what it takes to exceed guest expectations, and have a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience within modern, fast paced bar; this is your opportunity to work in this unique environment and fast track your career. You are an individual with a passion for combining elixirs and creating extraordinary cocktails and making great drinks and creating well-balanced experiences. You’ll be a rounded Bars team member with a focus on continuous and seamless guest service. You will have good communication skills, excellent attention to detail and a commitment to high standards. You must also hold the appropriate work rights to work within Australia alongside a Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate and be flexible to work weekends and evenings as required.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discounts and superb training. Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.