Cluster Learning & Quality Officer - Human Resources - InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai, Dubai
Hotel: InterContinental - Dubai - Festival City (DXBHB)
Job number: EMEAA22018
Do you see yourself as a Cluster Learning & Quality Officer for InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City?
What's your passion? Whether you're into triathlon, exploring new restaurants or dancing the tango, at IHG we're interested in you. We love people who apply the same amount of passion and precision to their jobs as they do to their hobbies. Imagine working for a company that gives you Room to be yourself. Our commitment to our people is to deliver room to have a great start, to learn and grow, to perform, to be recognized and rewarded, to be involved and to take the initiative and lead.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
Your day to day
To provide highly effective support in training and quality activities to all IHG DFC cluster colleagues, departmental trainers and departments to enable them to achieve exceptional levels of customer service and ensure the hotel performance metrics are met through all L&D activities that adds value and impact. In addition, to support with the consistent achievement of the IHG policies, procedures, processes, brand standards and objectives, as well as assist with the daily administration of all operational tasks in the department, in alignment with the corporate strategy.
- Delivers core training, company orientation and all developmental trainings as required by the company.
- Conducts audits, identifies gaps, and develops training or processes to address needs within brand or business.
- Responsible in achieving the goals and objectives of the department, brand and company including external and internal audits in order to maintain company certifications accordingly.
- Reviews, supports and assist departments in the implementation of relevant SOP’s, processes, audit and action plans.
- Assist and or facilitates training delivery, evaluation of training effectiveness and implementation of training related action plans.
- Supports and guides our departmental trainers, internal auditors, supervisors and mid management when it comes to Training, Quality or Brand related needs
What we need from you
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for:
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s Degree is an advantage.
- Preferably with an internationally recognised training or quality certification
- Preferably with previous hospitality experience in the middle east
- Must have a minimum 1 year experience in a similar role in a five start property or equivalent
- Must have an advanced computer skills and savvy in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel).
- Outstanding presentation skills: ability to plan, prepare, deliver and follow-up on a classroom training
- Outstanding communication skills: great listener and convincing speaker. Fluency in the English language is a must; a second language would be an advantage.
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Active, energetic and dynamic
- Ability to be available in the different business units and functions
- Preferably with knowledge about general information relating to guest feedback, trip advisor, medallia or similar guest analysis feedback systems
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG® family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.