Cluster Learning and Quality Manager – Human Resources – InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai, Dubai
Hotel: InterContinental - Dubai - Festival City (DXBHB)
Job number: EMEAA21412
Do you see yourself as Learning and Quality Manager for InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City?
What's your passion? Whether you're into triathlon, exploring new restaurants or dancing the tango, at IHG we're interested in you. We love people who apply the same amount of passion and precision to their jobs as they do to their hobbies. Imagine working for a company that gives you Room to be yourself. Our commitment to our people is to deliver room to have a great start, to learn and grow, to perform, to be recognized and rewarded, to be involved and to take the initiative and lead.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
Your day to day
We are currently looking for a passionate Learning & Quality Manager to join our energetic, enthusiastic and passionate team at InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City! As Learning & Quality Manager you’ll drive, direct and coordinate the timely and structured learning experiences, support the leadership team and their departments on all Quality improvement activities, operational training requirements and career development programs to all colleagues, to improve and maintain job performance, to ensure that all colleagues are meeting the company standards.
Learning & Development
- Conduct Training Needs Analysis for the Hotel and utilize IHG training programs.
- Conduct the IHG technical training and development workshops to all job bands.
- Train departmental trainers and supervisors in techniques and skills for training.
- Evaluate departmental trainers’ performance and effectiveness of training programs.
- Plan monthly Department trainer meetings to review the operational department training needs analysis, the training plan for the upcoming month and targets to achieve.
- Liaise with schools and universities regarding placements of internship students.
- Monitor cross training progress and suggest for internal application for suitable internal vacancies.
- Plan and implement product knowledge assessment to maintain a high level of product knowledge throughout the property.
- Create a Talent pool of High Potentials from the Annual Performance Appraisals.
- Develop Succession plans for the Talent Pool with the Department Heads and monitor progress based on goals.
- Prepare the yearly Learning & Development budget in line with the corporate requirements.
- Support Leadership team in reviewing and analyse hotel guest feedback through various platforms on a regular basis and provide a clear understanding of the root cause of the issues and areas to improve.
- Participate in the daily operations meeting and share relevant data & hotel performance trends.
- Support operation team in facilitating monthly and quarterly, Quality/Guest Experience/Tactical Solve meetings and action planning sessions.
- Assist the leadership team in building the Quarterly Tactical Solve action planning.
- Develop and conduct service quality and brand standards audits with department head stakeholders.
- Support department heads in the annual quality evaluation audit and takes necessary actions post quality evaluation audit and guest experience evaluation.
- Promote service excellence initiatives across the hotel and identify training gaps to enhance the guest experience.
- Assist operations team on initiatives that drive guest satisfaction and business performance in key areas.
- Lead the implementation of IHG new quality tools and initiatives.
- Facilitate branded training focused on elevating the delivery of luxury service and the unique brand experience.
- Educate colleagues on the brand standards and ensure departmental training related to standards are taking place.
- Own on-going sustainment activities to foster branded service culture and delivery.
- Collaborate with brand team and corporate L&D teams to enhance the brand program for effective delivery on-property.
- Ensure compliance with new or updated brand standards on a bi-annual basis
What we need from you
Ideally, the candidate should possess a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Learning & Quality in the Hotel Industry (5-star hotel preferable) within a senior capacity. You should be enthusiastic, spontaneous, & emphatic. You will bring with you strong interpersonal skills and excellent command of written and spoken English. Additional language is an added advantage. The ideal candidate will be result oriented and a self-motivated along with a positive attitude. You should have the ability to work under pressure, think laterally and display a high level of integrity. You should also have the ability to identify, impact and influence others. You are a strong team player, good at multitasking, enthusiastic and flexible.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG® family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.