Cluster Head of Meeting & Event, Groups & Reservations
Hotel Brand: voco
Location: United Kingdom, England, Oxford
Hotel: voco™ - Oxford Spires (OXFAR)
Job number: R192383
A fantastic opportunity to help maximize the revenue across voco Oxford Thames & voco Oxford Spires properties in Oxford.
Join us as the Cluster Head of Events, Groups & Reservations
As Cluster Head of Events, Groups & Reservations you will work with the General Manager Wendy Proctor to ensure agreed strategy is communicated and implemented in the department, and have responsibility of the delivery of total revenue through leading the hotel commercial team, encluding 1 Manger and 4 team members.
- Key contact for IHG Revenue Portfolio Revenue Manager, Cluster Sales and Marketing Team
- Leading the hotel commercial team and accountable for hotel commercial performance and identify any opportunity and risk in all revenue streams
- Driving business in total revenue approach, ensure agreed strategy is implemented across the commercial team and other departments in the hotel
- Attend and present in business review, RevGen meeting and other stakeholder meetings as required.
- Working with IHG Revenue PRM preparing budget and strategy
- Maintain IHG systems, assist in revenue generation through business processes such as system balancing, group wash. Ensure all SOPs in place and reviewed.
- Ensure all team members are properly trained on systems and service standards. Develop talent pipeline and personal development plan across the function
- Support daily departments tasks in absence of Reservations & Groups / C&E Manager
- Ensure all relevant reporting are updated in regular basis and ensure SMART actions are agreed and follow up.
- Accountable for overall performance of team including guest experience, workforce planning (including rostering) and departmental profit delivery
- Builds confidence in teams recognising good performance
- Attract, develop and retain talent
- Solve complex problems impacting multiple departments or sub-functions
- Analyse problems to understand underlying issues and root causes and makes right
- Create environment where best practice can be shared
- Owns with manager, performance reviews and ongoing colleague engagement.
Your day to day
So what’s in for you (just in case you need more persuading)
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG Hotels and Resorts family, a FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world, so we can offer you a market leading package:
- Competitive Salary & Cluster Allowance of 5%, and Bonus
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends
- Access to our voluntary benefits portal which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Employee assistance programme
- Life insurance
- Vast range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group both national and international
- Meals whilst on duty
- Uniform Provided
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
What we need from you
Working at IHG is not just about working. And it’s certainly not like working at other places. We value personality, individuality, focus and passion.
- A minimum of 3 years’ management experience within a Hotel Conference Sales environment (essential) and /or a minimum of 5 years’ experience within a hotel commercial office in a management role (desirable)
- Knowledge of Reservations and C&E tools and systems (CONCERTO, Opera, Delphi)
- Experiencing in forecasting and strategic planning
- Setting and implementing pricing and selling strategies
- Ability to manage a wider range of stakeholders
- Creates pride in team to deliver consistent guest experience
- Demonstrates relevant cross-functional experience and/or in depth knowledge of relevant functional topic
- Experience in leading teams effectively
- Proven track record of delivering results
Do you have what it takes to be our Cluster Head of Events, Groups & Reservations
? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!?
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK