Cluster Group Reservations Supervisor - Reservations - InterContinental Hotel® Dubai Festival City
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai, Dubai
Hotel: InterContinental - Dubai - Festival City (DXBHB)
Job number: EMEAA22025
Do you see yourself as a Cluster Group Reservations Supervisor for InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City?
What's your passion? Whether you're into triathlon, exploring new restaurants or dancing the tango, at IHG we're interested in you. We love people who apply the same amount of passion and precision to their jobs as they do to their hobbies. Imagine working for a company that gives you Room to be yourself. Our commitment to our people is to deliver room to have a great start, to learn and grow, to perform, to be recognized and rewarded, to be involved and to take the initiative and lead.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
Your day to day
This role reports directly to the Reservations Manager and the primary responsibility of this role is to align the Reservations policies and procedures to deliver Great hotels guests love and create the right environment in which our colleagues can experience our Winning Ways and IHG® commitment. Under the direction of the Reservations Manager, the Reservations Supervisor is responsible for supervising the operations of the Reservations Department during shift by assisting to co-ordinate operational plans to meet Hotel sales targets. In addition to maximizing reservations opportunities for each of the DFC properties, including rooms and restaurants for Crowne Plaza DFC, Intercontinental DFC and InterContinental Residences DFC. Promoting the desired work culture around the five core values of Trust, Integrity, Respect, One Team and Service of the InterContinental Hotels Group and the brand ethos.
- Conducts shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known
- Ensures all tasks on the daily checklist are carried in an efficient and timely manner (including but not exclusive to all reports, no shows/cancellation processing and spot checks).
- Ensures Sales Agents record and process reservations made by phone/fax/email, as well as amendments to reservations.
- Promptly attend to all guest inquires & complaints within 12 hours ensuring solutions support both positive guest experience & revenue generation/retention (“Webguru” + Glitch)
- Ensure the team is motivated to work at their highest individual levels of performance.
- Ensure Sales Agents sell InterContinental, Crowne Plaza and InterContinental Residence Suite product and services for rooms, restaurants and golf club by using up-selling, cross-selling and suggestive selling techniques through coaching.
- Monitoring Upgrade on daily basis to eliminate loss of revenue.
- Recording team (KPI) Key performance indicator.
- Monitoring override of inventory on daily basis to avoid any overbookings.
- Performing arrival check i.e. 24hrs arrival check and reservation made yesterday.
- Balancing the OXI system to avoid any glitches in reservations or inventory.
- Monitoring and preparing rate change on daily basis.
- Prepare and execute action plans which increase reservation sales and associated business.
- Manage “no show” reservations by investigation and recording of same
What we need from you
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for:
- Minimum 2 years call-centre or hotel operations experience.
- Minimum 1 year experience in supervisory role.
- Minimum secondary education completed. Desired Bachelors.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Advanced in writing and speaking English
- Knowledge of Arabic language desired.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to lead and motivate team members.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG® family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.