Cluster Executive Chef - Crowne Plaza Resort Guam
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza
Location: Micronesia, Guam
Hotel: SP - Fiesta Resort and Spa Saipan (SPNSP)
Job number: EMEAA27485
There’s nothing complicated about dealing with business people.
They’re just people. Doing business.
By day, international marketing superhero. By night: fluffy bath robe and a box set.
Like Liz, who’s left her laptop cable in the cab. Or Mario, who’s secretly missing his cats. The early riser, who’s first in the gym. The sales team preparing for the ‘big pitch’ over a freshly prepared lunch. At Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, we embrace the new world of business and understand that Modern business travellers want a hotel (and a hotel team) that understands and supports them, helping at every turn.
Your day to day
- Closely monitor food costs and inventory levels.
- Assist in the preparation of the kitchen’s annual budget.
- Lead the team by example by promoting and maintaining a safe and positive workplace.
- Develop a Kitchen orientation and on-boarding plan for new team members.
- Conduct pre-shift briefings as needed.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Manage daily staff assignments, communicate goals, and ensure compliance of policies and procedures.
- Review kitchen staff operations and initiate performance appraisals, salary adjustments, disciplinary measures, and other HR-related actions.
- Establish and review daily menus and implement innovative concepts.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints.
- Make appropriate service recovery gestures in accordance with established guidelines.
- Design menus and create new entrees for day-to-day operations and special events such as weddings and holidays.
- Monitor all kitchen equipment such as stoves, freezers, vents, etc. are in working condition. Notify the engineering department for assistance in equipment repairs or other maintenance concerns.
- Inspect quality and preparation of food to ensure that it is up to brand standards and safety regulations.
- Coordinate and supervise the daily functions of all kitchen staff.
- Approve staff schedules to ensure adequate manpower in all areas of all kitchens.
- Set standard kitchen operating procedures and familiarize new employees with kitchen practices.
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, and sanitary standards.
- Regularly generate written and oral reports of kitchen operations to the Director of Food and Beverage or upper management.
- Manage vendor relationships and develop strategic alliances with vendors.
- Ensure compliance with procurements and disposal rules and regulations.
- Communicate with the Purchasing department and vendors to source appropriate kitchen supplies and equipment.
What we need from you
High School Diploma or equivalent and at least 4 years of experience as an Executive Chef at a full-service hotel. Completion of a degree or certificate in culinary arts is preferred.
**Must be legally authorized to work in the United Stated for any employer without sponsorship. **
**This job is based on Saipan and oversees properties for Saipan and Guam. **
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Frequently standing up behind the desk and guest-facing areas
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Handling food and beverages, stoves, utensils, and other food service or culinary supplies and equipment.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
- Problem solving, reasoning, analytical, motivating, and training abilities are often used when estimating food productions, coordinating functions, and performing general management duties.
- Basic math skills, reading, and writing are used when completing paperwork, budgets, and other reports.
- Must be able to obtain a government-issued Food Handler’s Certification.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, holidays, and during inclement weather.
- Specialized experience with Asian cuisine is highly preferred.