Cluster Director of Sales & Marketing - InterContinental Abu Dhabi & InterContinental Residences Abu Dhabi UAE (Pre-Opening)
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: unitedarabemirates, abudhabi
Job number: EMEAA37369
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
At the moment we're looking for a Director of Sales & Marketing in the sales & Marketing to join our energetic, enthusiastic, and passionate team at InterContinental Abu Dhabi & InterContinental Residences Abu Dhabi .
As for the Director of Sales & Marketing, you will be reporting directly to General Manager and below are some of the key responsibilities:
Your day to day
- Achieve budgeted revenues and personal/team sales goals and maximize profitability. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, the hotel marketing plan and business plan, and financial plans.
- Create and implement sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase volume, food and beverage and banquet sales.
- Review monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyze current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
- Create and develop special events and sales blitzes to showcase the hotel to potential clients. Attend trade shows and major market events locally and nationally to promote new business and increase sales and marketing opportunities for the hotel.
- Direct day-to-day sales activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve team member performance, and recognize good performance.
- Educate, train and motivate sales and marketing teams to achieve hotel revenue goals. Ensure staff has the information, market data, tools and equipment to successfully carry out job duties.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients and outside contacts (example: guests, airliners, wholesalers, travel agencies, ad agencies, local community groups) in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food and beverage sales, and catering/banquet
- Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programs, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience.
- Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the Sales Office and prospective clients.
- Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information requirements and special needs for arriving VIPs, large groups, and other key guests.
- Lead marketing efforts to up sell guests on hotel services, offerings, and amenities.
- Identify operational problems that reduce the effectiveness of marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with appropriate department on solutions.
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community; may serve as the hotel representative for media-related inquiries.
- Work closely with key business leaders, officials, and representatives of local community groups within the city to ensure constant high-profile exposure for the hotel.
- Effectively communicate and market aspects of the hotel that are sustainable or “green” and use information to gain new business opportunities.
- Work with advertising agencies, consulting firms, and vendors to maximize advertising investments and ensure ads represent brand identity.
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager-on-duty.
What we need from you
This is the top Sales and Marketing job in a large, full-service, luxury, or major flagship hotel. Hotel may have multiple sites and facilities, high-volume catering and/or convention facilities, and a large number of VIP and special service guests. May manage a large number of professional-level and administrative sales, catering, and/or convention employees.
Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification/equivalent in Sales or related field, and four or more years of experience in a hospitality or hotel sales and marketing setting with direct supervisory experience over a sales team. Strong knowledge of local businesses and business trends is required.
This job requires the ability to perform the following:
- frequently standing up or moving within and outside of the facility
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem-solving, reasoning, motivation, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Ability to travel to attend workshops, trade shows, conventions, etc.
- May require a valid Driver’s license.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive benefit package including accommodation, hotel discounts worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG®. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
At IHG® we are committed to developing our team and managing our talent and would encourage internal as well as external candidates to apply for any of our vacancies.
So what's your passion? Please apply on-line and tell us how you can bring your individual skills to IHG®.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.