Cluster Director of Marketing - InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Job number: EMEAA24593
At InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts our role is to put the glamour into international travel. That’s where you come in. When you’re part of the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand you’re more than just a job title.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts we look for people who are charming, confident, and internationally-minded; people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations.
Your day to day
Reporting to the Cluster Director of Sales and Marketing, this position is responsible for planning, directing and implementing the Hotel’s marketing strategies, as well as the internal and external marketing and public relations communications activities.
- Reports on financial returns of own activities on a monthly basis
- Responsible for the achievement of marketing/communications/public relations mission, goals and financial objectives.
- Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing/communications/ public relations program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the marketing/communications/public relations function.
- Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing, communications and public relations, not-for-profit management and governance, and the specific business of the Organization and use this information to help the Organization operate with initiative and innovation
- Work with senior staff, other staff and volunteers to: develop and maintain a strategic perspective -- based on marketplace and constituent needs and satisfaction -- in organizational direction, program and services, and decision-making; and, ensure the overall health and vitality of the Organization.
- Helps make sure that the Organization’s philosophy, mission and vision are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization.
- Develop and coordinate means to seek regular input from the Organization’s key constituencies regarding the quality of programs and services and the Organization’s relevance.
- Help formulate and administer policies to ensure the integrity of the Organization.
- Act as an internal consultant to bring attention and solutions to institutional priorities.
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the Organization’s image and position within the marketplace and the general public, and facilitate internal and external communications; and, all Organization marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, client acquisition and so forth.
- Ensure articulation of Organization’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the Organization, and assure communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external.
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Organization publications.
- Coordinate media interest in the Organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Act as the Organization’s representative with the media.
- Coordinate the appearance of all Organization print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
- Develop, coordinate and oversee programs, technical assistance and resource materials to assist chapters in the marketing, communications and positioning of their activities.
- Provide counsel to chapters on marketing, communications and public relations.
- Ensure that the Organization regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinate and oversee this activity. Monitor trends.
What we need from you
Minimum of 5 years leadership experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, in a hospitality sector. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, advertising or public relations preferred. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
- Shows strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills. Experienced in developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel.
- Demonstrated experience in writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with the media
- Experience in overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Committed to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
What we offer
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package – including:
- 5-days work week
- Duty Meal
- Birthday Off
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Medical Benefit
- Dental/ Optical/ Health Screening Benefit
- Insurance Coverage
- Special Employee rate at all IHG Hotels worldwide
What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
And because the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 5800 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com