Club InterContinental Ambassador - InterContinental Boston
Location: United States, Massachusetts, Boston
Hotel: InterContinental - Boston (BOSHA)
Job number: R205617
Do you see yourself as a Club InterContinental Attendant?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
For 70 years, the InterContinental® Brand has been writing the story of international travel and showing guests the InterContinental Life through personalized service, memorable, one of a kind experiences and global etiquette. As part of the largest luxury hotel brand in the world, InterContinental® Boston is a landmark of luxury; rated in the top five on Trip Advisor for Boston hotels, named one of the ‘Best Hotels in the World' by Condé Nast Traveler magazine and featuring a Forbes Four-Star, 4 Diamond AAA rated hotel experience. The property overlooks Boston's historic waterfront, featuring 424 luxurious ultra-modern accommodations with distinctive style and breathtaking waterfront or downtown city views, a full service spa and fitness club, 32,000 square feet of premier meeting and event space, and an array of restaurants and bars influenced by a variety of international flavors. We are looking for passionate people who are charming, confident and internationally-minded to ensure we continue the story of making great things happen at InterContinental® Boston.
Your day to day
POSITION OVERVIEW: In this role, you will provide a warm and inviting environment for guests using the Club Lounge. This includes reception and concierge assistance and the setup, replenishing, and breakdown of the Club Lounge food and beverage offerings.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver and/or coordinate the delivery of services and/or amenities (such as flowers) to Club Lounge guests.
- Collect and provide comprehensive information regarding hotel services, sporting events, places of interest, restaurants, theater, airline, transportation tickets, limousine rentals, sightseeing tours and any other information of interest. Coordinate and/or confirm reservations as needed.
- Greet Club Lounge guests and provide a lounge tour for these guests becoming their go to for all needs and requests during their stay.
- Respond appropriately to guest requests and complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction. Log all guest complaints or concerns, coordinate the dispatch of work orders to the appropriate department and staff, and escalate appropriate issues to management.
- Setup, replenish and breakdown all lounge food and beverage offerings
- Clear guests plates and replenish beverages
- Perform lounge opening and closing duties
- Complete inventory and requisition of food and beverage items
- Follow all InterContinental Brand and Forbes Service Standards
Additional duties as assigned
What we need from you
High School diploma or equivalent and 1 year of guest/customer service experience. Luxury hotel experience and some college preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Frequently standing up or moving within the facility
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Handling objects, products and computer equipment
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; guests and third parties.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when compiling departmental records, or guest registration and reservation information.
- Basic mathematical skills are used frequently.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.