Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: United States, Georgia, Alpharetta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Data Center (ATLD1)
Job number: R188088
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty, and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
The IT Architect is a member of a team delivering new technology capabilities to the Company’s owners, customers, and partners within the organization. The IT Architect helps set the vision and parameters that Agile delivery teams operation within. In addition, the IT Architect helps build and support governance processes that ensure that team deliverables meet the Company’s standards for performance, availability, quality, security, and maintainability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
- Leads the architectural efforts of large, complex projects (e.g., a family of products or IT services) involving multiple vendors, multiple technologies, leading‐edge technologies, and broad implications for architecture and develops roadmap incorporating industry best practices.
- Leads the development of complex proposals related to integrating multiple architecture domains (i.e., process, application, data, infrastructure).
- Manages the architectural lifecycle, ensuring that engineering and maintenance phases conform to the architecture.
- Makes strategic decisions about system design, implementation, and maintenance.
- Analyzes systems and processes from end to end.
- Analyzes quality attributes of solutions and evaluates the technical and economic feasibility of proposed solutions.
- Interacts with clients or senior management in geographically and/or socially diverse teams on strategic operations, serving as an expert in several specialties or components.
- Participates as a member of a team to assess and recommend a migration strategy to new technologies.
- Stays current on latest technologies and trends.
Education: Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
Experience: Typically a minimum of 10+ years of progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines, technologies, or processes related to the position.
What we need from you
Technical skills and Knowledge –
- Technical mastery and competency in all architecture, with vast knowledge of the capabilities and constraints of technologies supported.
- Understanding of the designs and technology footprints of multiple products within a product family.
- Champion engineering process disciplines (e.g., Scrum, Agile, Kanban, ITIL).
- Champion industry process improvement programs (e.g., CMMI, IOS‐9000, FDA, Six Sigma).
- Required Skills:
- Public Cloud Focused:
- AWS (primary)
- Enterprise Architectures for Compute and Storage
- Service Oriented Architectures
- Messaging Based Architecture e.g. Kafka and MQ
- Enterprise Integration Patterns
- Public Cloud Networking
- Application Architecture Design Patterns/Standards
- Private Cloud Focused:
- Compute & Storage Infrastructure Architecture/Standards
- Design Principles and Best Practices
- Hypervisor Architectures
- Operating Systems Standards (Linux/Microsoft)
- Public Cloud Focused:
– Hot Skills –
- Public Cloud Focused:
- Architecture/Solution Architecture Skills
What we offer
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.