Our guests’ safety and comfort always come first. Which is why we’re seeking out a master multi-tasker with the repair skills needed to keep our hotels looking and feeling their very best. Our new Chief Engineer will lead and coach a talented engineering team to stay one step ahead of our everyday maintenance needs.
A little taste of your day-to-day:
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be:
● Leading daily engineering needs to ensure the right team is always on the right task
● Creating a safe, secure and comfortable environment for our guests to enjoy
● Maintaining and ordering parts and supplies whilst minimizing waste and meeting our green initiatives
● Being flexible to react to ad-hoc duties where we have to unexpectedly pull together to get a task completed
● Building strong relationships with outside contacts including guests, regulatory agencies, others as needed
What We need from you:
● Some college or advanced vocational training
● Five years’ experience in general building maintenance and/or construction or equivalent combination of education and experience
● Specialized expertise in plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and carpentry fields
● Level 3 EPA Certification, HVAC and refrigeration certificate, licensed plumber and/or journeyman status for electrician and carpenter may be required
● Hotel experience preferred
● Professional certification and license if required by law
What you can expect from us:
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
At IHG, we’ve made a promise. As one of the world’s leading hotel groups, we’re here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected – wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey?
As the world’s first and most global luxury hotel brand, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts has pioneered international travel since the 1940s, we are passionate about sharing our renowned international know-how and cultural wisdom in truly impressive surroundings. We all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental®️ brand and to be part of the brand you will have a thirst for travel, passion for culture and appreciation for diversity. We create inspiring experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. If you’d like to embrace a world of opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand. Let’s Go Further Together.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.