Chief Concierge - InterContinental Adelaide
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, South Australia, Adelaide
Hotel: InterContinental - Adelaide (ADLHA)
Job number: EMEAA34132
We are currently seeking a passionate and dynamic guest focused Hotel professional who prides themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and provide creative solutions to our guests.
Join us in sharing the story of our Iconic Hotel and fantastic city. Work with a team dedicated to providing true hospitality to our guests and each other. In this position, you and your team are the key point of contact for our guests and responsible for making them feel welcomed and at home for the duration of their stay.
InterContinental Hotels and Resorts feature in the most discerning locations in every corner of the planet. Our colleagues thrive on proudly sharing their local knowledge of Adelaide’s best-kept secrets, through local landmarks or experiences delivered to your room. We provide a global experience through a local lens every day, so if you are motivated to provide memorable guest moments and enjoy sharing your Adelaide-insider wisdom, take the time to apply now.
Your day to day
As a Chief Concierge you will lead both the Concierge and Valet teams, and are responsible for providing professional and customer-focused service to our guests, ensuring their stay will become a memorable experience & your role will include key responsibilities such as:
- Receive guests in a professional and friendly manner, satisfying guest expectations from pre-arrival through to departure
- Work in strong collaboration with the Front Office leadership and all other leaders across the hotel, drive success across a number of key performance metrics through leading, developing, inspiring and motivating the team.
- Maintain effective communication with all related departments to ensure smooth service delivery
- Development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the hotel services and communicate this to the team so they can supply information and respond to guest queries
- Effectively communicate to all levels of the hotel city happenings detailing special events
- Supervise the activities of the Concierge and Valet teams, ensuring that the guest luggage is carried from arrival point to room and from room to departure point upon checkout and guest cars are parked efficiently and safely
- Handle all messages, mail and packages for guests, ensuring they are delivered at the appropriate time and stored if necessary in a systematic and efficient way
- Establish and control the roster in accordance with business needs and ensure the department is manned at all times.
- Ensure a focus on health & safety for your team - always following safety and compliance requirements and local policies and procedures.
What we need from you
We're looking for someone to bring their personality, passion, energy to our hotel. The ideal candidate will also possess the following: -
- Hotel leadership experience in a similar role or environment, we are open to a range of experiences across the hotel & corporate concierge and management space
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong leadership and management skills, including ability to lead on projects
- Ongoing and proven commitment to quality and providing a truly unique experience to our guests
- Desire to build strong relationships with your team and encourage growth, development & success
- High standard of personal presentation fitting of a luxury brand
- Time management skills
- Superior communication skills
- The flexibility to work various shifts on a rotating roster including evenings, weekends and public holidays
- In-depth and current knowledge of the Adelaide CBD and surrounding areas
- Experience with Opera property management system is advantageous
- Current full driver’s license and must be able to drive manual cars
- Membership in Les Clefs d’Or International is advantageous
- You must meet the legal requirements to work in this country
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team. You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing. Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts and we provide meals on duty. We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.