Chefs & Cooks - Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Lovedale
Job number: EMEAA25764
Whether travelling for business or pleasure, Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley is the perfect location for any occasion.
Located in the heart of the Hunter Valley, just over two hours north of Sydney and offering premier resort accommodation with breathtaking vineyard views. Our guests can dine in our Hatted restaurant Redsalt, perfect their swing on the 18-hole golf course, enjoy a game of tennis or basketball and indulge in renowned local wines and produce at our onsite restaurant and bars.
We're looking for skilled, creative & energetic talent to join our culinary team – whether it be as an Commis, Demi Chef or Chef de Partie or Cook – we want to find the right people to take on the right role in a casual capacity.
Your day to day
Working in any of our 3 state-of-the-art kitchens, you’ll have the opportunity to develop and diversify your culinary skills; creating fresh and on trend dishes in our RedSalt Restaurant, preparing delicious home-style meals in our boutique Lovedale Bistro and preparing and presenting banquet and buffet services for the largest regional Conference Venue in NSW.
Your culinary passion and creativity will flow through into your presentation and you'll pride yourself on delivering a fantastic culinary experience for guests, with an emphasis on maintaining hygienic standards and consistency.
What we need from you
What we need from you
- Previous experience as a Chef/Cook with a passion for culinary arts
- For Chef de Partie and above, experience in leading and managing a team is required
- Qualifications in Commercial Cookery/Culinary Arts from a registered training provider
- Strong organisational, written and communication skills along with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritise workload
- Look smart – wear your uniform with pride and adhere to personal grooming and hygiene standards
You must meet the legal requirements to work in Australia
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
- Become part of the global IHG family – opening a door to endless career opportunities, click here to find out more about us
- Free meal on shift
- Free onsite car parking
- Free rounds of golf at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley
- Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley Food & Beverage and Spa Discounts
- IHG Hotel Room discounts for all colleagues
- Training & development – we're passionate about growing our talent. We'll provide the training & development you need to succeed & progress into your next role
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too!
Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.