Chef de Partie-InterContinental Washington Dc-The Wharf
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, District of Columbia, Washington
Hotel: InterContinental - Washington D.C. - The Wharf (WASHC)
Job number: R186232
InterContinental Washington D.C.-The Wharf is the newest addition to the reimagined Wharf neighborhood. Perfectly placed on the beautiful Potomac River, InterContinental Washington D.C. –The Wharf enjoys the most incredible waterfront views of D.C. Modern luxury, culture, and a rich history combine in the Wharf neighborhood to create a perfect atmosphere for guests and locals alike.
Our convenient location means getting here and getting to center city has never been easier. InterContinental Washington D.C.-The Wharf has immediate access to major roadways, is blocks away from public transit stops, and a short five miles away from the Reagan National Airport.
For 70 years, the InterContinental® Brand has been writing the story of international travel and showing guests the InterContinental Life through personalized service, memorable, one of a kind experiences and global etiquette. We are looking for passionate people who are charming, confident and internationally-minded to ensure we continue the story of making great things happen at InterContinental Washington DC-The Wharf.
Your day to day
Assist with the planning, ordering or production of food items pertaining to the respective section(s) of the food and beverage outlet or kitchen. Prepare meals in accordance with portion and quality standards.
Provide instruction to less experienced culinary staff. Check the methods of preparation, portion, sizes, and timeliness of food preparation; control food usage to minimize waste.
Assist in the supervision of day-to-day operation of the kitchen as needed; check the methods of preparation, portion, sizes, and timeliness of food preparation; control food usage to minimize waste.
Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales and Marketing, Catering, Banquets, Maintenance, and Guest Services.
Prepare batch recipes, cold food items and assist in all kitchen activities to ensure that guests receive high quality food items in a timely manner. Coordinate the smooth service and relation to the pass and pick-up of food.
Assist in determining the minimum and maximum stocks of all food, material and equipment.
Assist in creating and testing new recipes and menu design.
Assist in inspecting the cleanliness of the line floor and all kitchen stations. Maintain and strictly abide by proper storage procedures and state sanitation and health regulations. Notify Maintenance of any needed repairs.
May serve as Sous Chef in his/her absence as required.
May assist with other duties as assigned.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Standing up and moving about the kitchen
- Communicating with other people
- Handling food, objects, products and utensils
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with the other cooks, wait staff or supervisors.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when preparing meals from a recipe, when assisting in the scheduling of the kitchen staff, or when monitoring inventory.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, percentages, quantities, and variances are used frequently.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we need from you
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership
of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability, and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabilities / Veterans