Chef de Partie
Location: United Kingdom, England, Dorking
Hotel: Wotton House Country Estate Hotel (GUIDW)
Job number: R186369
Wotton House Country Estate Hotel has a fantastic opportunity to join the team as a Chef De Partie
Wotton House Country Estate Hotel near Dorking, is an estate like no other. In what was once the former seat of the Evelyn family, this 17th-century house has a long tradition of entertaining guests. Here, a mix of original features and 21st-century style set the tone so that all events are memorable: a wedding day like no other, business meetings that become an unexpected pleasure, training that delights and inspires. Dining is relaxed whether it's a meal in the 1877 Restaurant, or a party for 200 with simple yet delicious food. Afternoon tea is served daily in The Morning Room, whilst upstairs; you'll find a collection of beautifully refurbished bedrooms and suites. 13 acres of grounds so our guests explore Italian gardens, Roman temples, manicured lawns and Surrey Hills beyond.
We are looking for 2 Full time Chefs to join us at Wotton House, working for our Executive Head Chef Glen Woods
Based at Wotton House Country Estate Hotel our Chefs will work closely within the operations team, as part of IHG Hotels & Resorts, a FTSE 100 Company with a Global footprint that specialize in delivering True Hospitality for Good.
Chef de Parties, receive some great benefits:
- £26,000 per annum, (£12.50 per hour)
- Guaranteed Monthly Hours Contract, with the ability to Flex Hours up with business demand (Every Hour Worked Paid)
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends
- Access to our voluntary benefits portal which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Vast range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group both national and international.
- Meals whilst on duty
- Uniform Provided
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your day to day
Our people help to make the biggest difference - If you enjoy variety and are at your best when being part of a team as well as being passionate about delivering excellent guest service through your high-quality front facing customer service work, this role is for you.
It’s important to remember your importance and reason for completing each job- Our guests! from preparing an order, working with our head chefs to menu changes, or cooking with local ingredients. You’ll be called upon to complete a wide variety of tasks and jobs within our properties and it’s extremely important that you remain flexible and versatile around these. Although this isn’t a full guest facing role, you will still play a vital part in delivering a fantastic guest experience and it’s important to remain friendly, approachable and the best version of you whenever you come in to contact with one of our guests or colleagues.
To succeed as a Chef de Partie you will need:
- To be passionate about delivering great service and great food and drinks
- Previous experience as Chef de Partie or be a Commis chef ready to take the next step.
- Experience with working in all aspects of the line, mains, desserts
- To be willing to learn new things and work as part of a wide hotel team
Working at IHG is not just about working. And it’s certainly not like working at other places. We value personality, individuality, creativity, doing right, continually improving, focus and passion.
Do you have what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!?
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.