Chef de Cuisine Hayman Village - InterContinental Hayman Island Resort
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: Australia, Queensland, Hayman Island
Hotel: Hayman Island Resort (HISHA), 1 Raintree Ave, 4802
Job number: 100331
What we're looking for
As Chef de Cuisine, you’ll be responsible for the smooth operation of our Village Diner. Under the direction of the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for delivering a banquet style service, breakfast, lunch and dinner for up to 450 colleagues, Al a Carte style service in the Village Bar 5 nights a week, daily food offerings in the Village Retail Shop as well as any staff functions.
A little taste of your day-to-day
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be:
- Foster and lead a positive work environment for all employees
- Ensure hotel or company operating standards and applicable laws and regulations are followed
- Demonstrate and coach teams with your excellent product knowledge of both culinary disciplines as well as best kitchen practice
- Ensure efficient and effective performance in ordering, keeping fair stock levels and minimizing waste
- Other ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
- Work with department managers to develop initiatives to reach service standards and drive continuous improvement in the colleague experience.
- Review monthly forecasts and schedule resources accordingly.
- Monitor staffing to manage costs.
What we need from you
- High school diploma / secondary education / or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ related experience in Commercial Cookery, particularly in banqueting and bulk food production
- Experience in catering for up to 400 guests per service.
- Extensive recipe and ingredient knowledge to produce an array of dishes.
- Must be able to speak local language
What you can expect from us
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
For our InterContinental Hayman Island team we offer:
- World class colleague facilities including excellent subsidised villa accommodation with a dedicated pool, beach area, two gyms, bar, buffet diner, laundry, movie room, corner store and sports fields.
- An exciting and ever-changing colleague activities calendar filled with an abundance of recreational activities such as tennis, yoga, meditation, hikes, markets, crafts and much more.
- Extensive career development opportunities with dedicated onsite trainers and an abundance of professional growth opportunities including multi-hire programs, skills training, and optional courses.
- IHG Australia’s myBenefits program including paid birthday leave, wellbeing hub, employee room rates, service recognition celebrations & myPerks platform with an extensive list of lifestyle and retail discounts from over 400 of Australia and New Zealand’s most popular retailers.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
Please visit Careers - InterContinental Hayman Island [link removed] for further information regarding living and working on Hayman Island including accommodation types, facilities, and FAQ’s. We also invite you to learn more by following our social channels: Facebook via @ICHIRcareers and Instagram via @ihg_australia_careers
So join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.