Chef de Cuisine - All Day Dining - Culinary - InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai, Dubai
Hotel: InterContinental - Dubai - Festival City (DXBHB)
Job number: EMEAA22002
Do you see yourself as a Chef de Cuisine for InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City?
What's your passion? Whether you're into triathlon, exploring new restaurants or dancing the tango, at IHG we're interested in you. We love people who apply the same amount of passion and precision to their jobs as they do to their hobbies. Imagine working for a company that gives you Room to be yourself. Our commitment to our people is to deliver room to have a great start, to learn and grow, to perform, to be recognized and rewarded, to be involved and to take the initiative and lead.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
Your day to day
Managing all food production and operations with an emphasis on maintaining hygienic standards and practices, staff training, and overseeing the preparation and presentation of a consistent food product which meets customer’s expectations. Adhere to local regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures. At Intercontinental Hotels Group, we want people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life; people who are always finding ways to make every guest’s experience an enjoyable one.
- Serve as the Restaurant Outlet Chef responsible for the supervision, organization, operation, and training, creation of quality product and plating of all foods served from the kitchen.
- Responds to the needs, wants and desires of the guests.
- Prepares, works along with and/or directly supervises kitchen staff in the preparation of all foods Assists the Chef’s office with monthly inventories
- Takes a pro-active role in the daily operation of the kitchen for quality of product and sanitation
- Develops daily requisitions from food storeroom and butcher shop
- Advises Chef’s office as to needed products for ordering purposes on a daily basis
- Develops daily specials for offering in restaurant and bar
- Develops line of communication with front of the house management and staff with daily line-ups and other opportunities
- Directly executes special dinners and menus that are held in the restaurant
- Handle with the assistance from the chef’s office all staff disciplinary issues and annual reviews
- Establishes training standards, prep standards for all stations of the kitchen
- Develop new menu suggestions for implementation for menu change as requested by the Executive Chef
- Monitors and controls portion size and par levels
- The ability to complete any reasonable tasks assigned by the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef or General Manager
- Reports all member / guest complaints to the Chef’s office and assists in resolving complaints
- Reports any immediate engineering repairs to the respective department and follow-up with the Chef’s office
- Follows up on health inspection report to take corrective actions when and where necessary
- Submits ideas for future goals, operational improvements and personnel management to the Executive Chef
- Performs all other duties as assigned by employer.
What we need from you
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for: Experience in a similar capacity in a luxury hotel and/or resort with multiple F&B outlets. Experience in high volume F&B Culinary operations. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work well with a large and diverse team. Flexibility in shifts. Has strong capabilities in handling multiple tasks, detail-oriented and with ability to work under pressure of deadlines. Must promote and ensure good inter-departmental relations. Also, must be a team player, have strong interpersonal skills, and work well independently as well as part of a team, flexible attitude and ability to adapt to changing priorities and business needs.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG® family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.