Chef De Partie (Pastry)
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Hotel: InterContinental - Singapore (SINHB)
Job number: EMEAA34137
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
Responsible for the daily productions, preparation and presentation of pastry, dessert and sweet related dishes for all day dining restaurant, banquet functions, Club Lounge and Lobby Lounge Afternoon Tea (inclusive of cake sales and guests’ special / VIP amenities, outside catering and Christmas festive takeaways) under the directive of Sous Chef / Pastry Chef / Executive Pastry Chef, through adherence to hotel policies and procedures
- Adhere HACCP policies and procedures within the hotel
- Maintain cleanliness and hygiene of your work stations and maintenance of equipments
- Communicate with team member of hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
- Prepare production for daily usage
- Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all dessert items for Banquet/Buffet/Club Lounge/Afternoon Tea/Festive menus according to hotel recipes and standards
- Adhere hotel band standards
- Establish and maintain effective employee working relationships
- Attend and participates all kitchen briefings and meetings
- Attend and participate in training sessions as scheduled
- Communicate politely and display courtesy to guests and internal customers
What we need from you
- Diploma / Vocational certificate in Culinary Skills or related field
- Minimum 2 years’ related experience in full service restaurants/ local or international hotels in high volume kitchen
- Commitment to work rotating shifts, weekends and public holidays
- Great communication skills
- Oral and written fluency in English
- Valid Food Hygiene/ Food Handler certificate as required by local government
- Outgoing and people oriented
- Able to multi-tasks and ability to handle stressful situations
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft word
- Look smart – wear your uniform with pride
What we offer
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package – including:
- 5-days work week
- Duty Meal
- Uniforms/ Laundry Services
- Midnight Transportation
- Birthday Off
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Flexi Benefit
- Insurance Coverage
- 50% F&B discount at Hotel’s selected Restaurant
- Special Employee rate at all IHG Hotels worldwide
What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
And because the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 4800 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.