Chef De Partie Overnight (Full-time) | InterContinental Sydney
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: InterContinental - Sydney (SYDHA)
Job number: EMEAA33272
Welcome to the height of luxury, where heritage wonder and contemporary flair collide. Centrally positioned in the heart of Circular Quay, InterContinental Sydney extends breathtaking panoramic views of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Set within the beautifully restored Treasury Building of 1851, InterContinental Sydney is renowned as one of the city’s prized icons. With 509 guest rooms including 28 luxury suites, an award-winning and world class Club InterContinental lounge and vibrant dining venues, a complete five-star experience awaits.
We are in the finishing stages of our exquisite $100 million dollar renovation and launching our new bars, dining, conferencing and events spaces in the coming months.
If you are a talented Chef who is wanting to take your career to that next level within a Luxury world class environment, then we would love to hear from you.
We have a newly created roles of Overnight Chef De Partie.
Your day to day
Managing the overnight operations, as part of our talented culinary team, you’ll prepare an array of dishes catering for all restaurants & bars and room service.
Your culinary passion and creativity will flow through into your presentation and you’ll pride yourself on delivering a fantastic culinary experience for guests, with an emphasis on maintaining hygienic standards and consistency.
This is an exciting opportunity for those passionate for delivering unique dining experiences boasting with fine local produce, handled with contemporary flare.
What we need from you
- A night owl who can own and lead our overnight culinary experience
- Experience in a commercial kitchen with a passion for culinary arts
- Passion for understanding WHS, Food Safety & HACCP regulations
- Attention to detail and great time management
- Qualifications in Commercial Cookery/Culinary Arts from a registered training provider
- Team player with a collaborative approach to work
- Strong attention to detail, written and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritise workload
What we offer
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey
- A friendly, collaborative team where your contribution is valued and appreciated
- Supportive management team who will coach, mentor and help you to develop and achieve your goals
- Paid birthday leave
- Enhanced parental leave program
- Proactive paid wellness and mental health days
- Free meals on shift
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels for accommodation, food and beverage
- A massive colleague discounts platform for all your favorite brands and retailers
- Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IH
We are proud to be InterContinental Sydney and proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.