Chef De Partie - Crowne Plaza Melbourne
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza
Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne
Hotel: Crowne Plaza - Melbourne (MELFS)
Job number: EMEAA30519
Crowne Plaza Melbourne is the perfect destination for your next staycation, family holiday or romantic escape. At Crowne Plaza Melbourne you can find big city adventure combined with some well-deserved time to relax. Experience the vibrancy and eclectic culture for which Melbourne is renowned with central accommodation near Melbourne CBD. Crowne Plaza Melbourne is ideally located on the Yarra River, only steps away from the restaurants and bars of the South Wharf precinct, CBD shopping, and South Melbourne with its popular cafes and markets.
Your day to day
We are looking for strong and experienced chef de partie, with a solid skill set, able to handle high volume numbers.
You must have the ability to work across all sections in the kitchen. We are looking for team players, who is looking to develop further in their career and build with the team and the business.
What we need from you
As the successful applicant you will demonstrate:
- Customer focus – a passion for amazing Colombian cuisine, capturing the guests hearts and minds through the culinary experience
- Strong teamwork – placing team goals as a priority over your personal goals, knowledgeable and helpful
- Excellent communication skills – liaising with F&B service teams and other departments as required
- Sensational time management skills
- The ability to open the restaurant during breakfast period and close after dinner service
- Great attitude - optimistic, engaged, proactive, and flexible
- Must have Australian recognized Chef Qualifications, additionally Colombian Chef Qualification will be well regarded
- Ability to work on a 24/7 rotating roster
- Hotel experience will be highly regarded
- A'la Carte service experience is favorable.
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing, including paid birthday leave, enhanced parental leave, flexible work options and proactive health days. Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further.
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too. Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.