Chef De Cuisine, InterContinental Singapore
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Hotel: InterContinental - Singapore (SINHB)
Job number: EMEAA24668
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
InterContinental Singapore is the Dining Destination in Singapore and is looking for an Chef De Cuisine specialized in Italian cuisine to head the new upcoming Italian Dining Concept.
The incumbent will oversee and be responsible for the daily productions, preparation, presentation and stock ordering which consist of concepts enlargement of charcuterie, cheese, wood fired showcase, open show kitchen and desserts, monitor and delegating job duties for junior colleagues. Control labour and food costing while ensuring quality is maintained or improved
- Administers and adhere HACCP policies and procedures within the hotel
- Supervises and maintain cleanliness and hygiene of your kitchen and all work stations
- Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items for all meal periods / A La Carte/ Buffet/ Festive menus according to hotel’s requirements & standards
- Take responsibility for the receiving and safe storage of food ingredients, checking stock are correct and of good quality and resolve any discrepancies
- Manage colleagues in scheduling, training, developing, coaching and counselling and conduct reviews/ feedback.
- Educate and train junior colleagues in accordance with hotel brand standards to foster productivity.
- Lead a team and plan appropriate manning level, ensuring effective utilization of manpower and labour cost
- Create an environment for employees that is aligned with the company culture through constant communication and reinforcement
- Ensure all existing, new colleagues/ trainees are properly trained, provide guidance and support when needed
- Liaise daily with team to keep effective communications regarding guests’ feedbacks
- Able to provide professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow colleagues
- Solicit guest’s feedback to improve food and presentation quality and assist with addressing guests questions relating to food services
What we need from you
- Diploma / Vocational certificate in Culinary Skills or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ related experience as a Chef De Cuisine including in 2 year in supervisory capacity
- Steady track records from reputable Italian Cuisine Restaurants will be an added advantage.
- Experienced in full service restaurants / local or international hotels in high volume kitchen.
- In-depth knowledge of Italian food and Beverage and it’s preparation
- Oral and written fluency in English
- Aid in menu planning and costing, organising special events, develop new dishes with comprehensive product and equipment knowledge
- Commitment to work rotating shifts, weekends and public holidays.
- Valid Food Hygiene/ Food Handler certificate as required by local government.
- Outgoing and people oriented personality that enjoys contact with patrons
- Motivator and confident in problem handling.
- Great communication skills, ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflect highly on the hotel, the brand and the company.
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft word.
- Look smart – wear your uniform with pride.
What we offer
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package – including:
• 5-days work week
• Duty Meal
• Uniforms/ Laundry Services
• Midnight Transportation
• Birthday Off
• Learning and Development Opportunities
• Flexi Benefit
• Insurance Coverage
• 50% F&B discount at Hotel’s selected Restaurant
• Special Employee rate at all IHG Hotels worldwide
What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
And because the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 4800 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com