Chef Concierge - InterContinental Washington DC - The Wharf
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, District of Columbia, Washington
Hotel: InterContinental - Washington D.C. - The Wharf (WASHC)
Job number: R204856
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
A luxurious hotel destination at The Wharf on D.C.’s Waterfront, the InterContinental Washington D.C. – The Wharf is the newest addition to the reimagined Wharf neighborhood bringing sophistication to its contemporary style. Perfectly placed on the beautiful Potomac River, InterContinental Washington D.C. – The Wharf enjoys the most incredible waterfront views of D.C. Steps away from America’s political epicenter, the hotel embraces guests with an exquisitely curated resort destination that reignites the river’s edge and a captivating sanctuary in the center of The Wharf neighborhood, paying homage to the maritime and industrial-working heritage of its setting. Featuring Moon Rabbit, a contemporary Vietnamese restaurant by Chef Kevin Tien with a unique and complex menu, as well as a relaxing seasonal rooftop pool with striking Potomac River views and the indulging full-service spa, The Spa at The Wharf, modern luxury, culture, and a rich history combine in the Wharf neighborhood to create a perfect atmosphere for guests and locals alike.
Your day to day
After a big meeting far away from home, or a long wait for a delayed flight, is there anyone more welcoming than a smiling Chef Concierge? As the friendly face of our hotel, you’ll also be a helpful host, a local expert, and a proud brand ambassador.
Under the guidance and direction of the Front Office Manager and within the limits of established InterContinental Hotels Group policies and procedures, the Chef Concierge, provides and monitors guest assistance at the main Concierge Desk on the main lobby.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Educate and train team members in compliance with federal, state and local laws and safety regulations.
- Ensure all team members are properly trained in areas such as: service delivery, hotel facilities and services, local directions, etc. and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival and make time to interact effectively with guests. Respond appropriately to guest complaints, solicit feedback and build relationships to drive continuous improvement in guest satisfaction. Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to other necessary departments and ensure follow-up.
- Collect, provide and maintain comprehensive, updated In the Know knowledge to be prepared to meet guest requests and deliver superior service. These services could include: sporting events, places of interest, restaurants, theatre, airline, transportation tickets, limousine rentals, sightseeing tours, spa services, sitters, florists, couriers, mail services, international calls and any other information of interest.
- Have the ability to foster a good guest relationship in a very short space of time.
- Be prepared and equipped to meet the diverse cultural needs of guests from around the world.
- Ensure a “welcoming sense of arrival” and demonstrate a “sincere farewell” by supporting any needs at the bell stand or the door while ensuring the lobby and Concierge area’s appearance reflect highly on the hotel and company.
- Demonstrate guest discretion, ethical behavior, privacy and confidentiality in the conduct of day-to-day business.
What we need from you
• One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Five (5) years experience as an Assistant Chef Concierge in a 4 or 5 star hotel.
• Ability to provide legible communication both in written and oral.
• Proven success with employee relations’ skills and ability to implement and maintain standards.
• Computer training (MS Word, MS Excel)
• Member of Les Clefs d’Or.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Enforce hotel's standards, policies and procedures with Concierge Associates
• Prioritize and organize work assignments and delegate work.
• Direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections where needed.
• Focus and attention to details
• Input and access information into on site computer systems.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.