Chef All Roles InterContinental Sydney
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Hotel: Sydney (SYDHA), 117 Macquarie Street
Job number: 108855
Welcome to the height of luxury, where heritage wonder and contemporary flair collide. Centrally positioned in the heart of Circular Quay, InterContinental Sydney extends breathtaking panoramic views of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Set within the beautifully restored Treasury Building of 1851, InterContinental Sydney is renowned as one of the city’s prized icons. With 509 guest rooms including 28 luxury suites, an award-winning and world class Club InterContinental lounge and vibrant dining venues, a complete five-star experience awaits.
If you are a talented Chef who is wanting to take your career to that next level within a Luxury world class environment, then we would love to hear from you.
We have several newly created roles. Our current culinary team are looking forward to welcoming you to the team.
- Chef De Partie
- Demi Chef
- Commis Chef
Your day to day
As part of our talented culinary team, you’ll prepare an array of dishes catering for all restaurants & bars, room service and banquets.
Your culinary passion and creativity will flow through into your presentation and you’ll pride yourself on delivering a fantastic culinary experience for guests, with an emphasis on maintaining hygienic standards and consistency.
This is an exciting opportunity for those passionate for delivering unique dining experiences boasting with fine local produce, handled with contemporary flare.
We are a Luxury hotel delivering exquisite dining experiences across our restaurants, bars, in room dining and events.
What we need from you
- Experience in a commercial kitchen with a passion for culinary arts
- Passion for understanding WHS, Food Safety & HACCP regulations
- Attention to detail and great time management
- Qualifications in Commercial Cookery/Culinary Arts from a registered training provider
- Team player with a collaborative approach to work
- Strong attention to detail, written and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritise workload
- Must have Australian Working Rights
What we offer
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey
- A friendly, collaborative team where your contribution is valued and appreciated
- Supportive management team who will coach, mentor and help you to develop and achieve your goals
- Close to public transport and discounted staff parking on site
- Free meals on shift
- IHG Australia’s myBenefits program including paid birthday and wellbeing leave, employee room rates, service recognition celebrations & myPerks platform with an extensive list of lifestyle and retail discounts from over 400 of Australia and New Zealand’s most popular retailers.
We are proud to be InterContinental Sydney and proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us. Lets Go Further Together
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.