Chef - voco™ - St.David’s Cardiff
Hotel Brand: voco
Location: United Kingdom, Wales, Cardiff
Hotel: voco™ - St.David’s Cardiff (CWLCD)
Job number: R186566
voco® St Davids Cardiff has a fantastic opportunity to join the team as a Line Chef
Set on Cardiff Bay's waterfront, voco St David's Cardiff makes a bold statement, with its glass-fronted façade, private balconies, floor-to-ceiling windows, and coastal setting. The Admiral at voco® St David’s Cardiff is our eclectic restaurant and bar. Our bold flavours draw inspiration from world food cultures and blend perfectly with the best seasonal produce Wales has to offer” The Marine Spa, located in the hotel, offers just the place to unwind and has been voted one of the best spas in the UK. voco St David's Cardiff is a wonderful setting for meetings, conferences, weddings and celebrations alike.
Based at voco® St Davids Cardiff our Line Chefs will work closely within the operations team, as part of IHG Hotels & Resorts, a FTSE 100 Company with a Global footprint that specialise in delivering True Hospitality for Good.
At voco® everyone’s a host, if there’s one thing we know, it’s that a great host is at the heart of every great stay as we understand what our guest wants by delivering easy-going but attentive service.
Line Chefs, receive some great Benefits:
- £11.50 per hour
- 104 Hour Guaranteed Monthly Hours Contract, with the ability to Flex Hours up with business demand (Every Hour Worked Paid)
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends
- Access to our voluntary benefits portal which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Vast range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group both national and international.
- Meals whilst on duty
- Uniform Provided
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your day to day
Our people help to make the biggest difference - If you enjoy variety and are at your best when being part of a team as well as being passionate about delivering excellent guest service through your high-quality front facing customer service work, this role is for you.
It’s important to remember your importance and reason for completing each job- Our guests! from preparing an order, working with our head chefs to menu changes, or cooking with local ingredients. You’ll be called upon to complete a wide variety of tasks and jobs within our properties and it’s extremely important that you remain flexible and versatile around these. Although this isn’t a full guest facing role, you will still play a vital part in delivering a fantastic guest experience and it’s important to remain friendly and approachable whenever you come in to contact with one of our guests.
To succeed as a Chef you will need:
- To be passionate about delivering great service and great food and drinks
- Previous experience as Chef de Partie, or be a commis chef ready to take the next step.
- Experience with working in all aspects on
- To be willing to learn new things and work as part of a wide hotel team
Do you have what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.