Casual Food and Beverage Attendant | InterContinental Adelaide
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, South Australia, Adelaide
Hotel: InterContinental - Adelaide (ADLHA)
Job number: EMEAA24722
InterContinental Adelaide is a luxury hotel located on the banks of the River Torrens, right beside Adelaide Railway Station. We operate 367 rooms, and work together as a team to deliver True Hospitality to our guests. We have a great culture and are looking for great people to join our team!
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts our role is to put the glamour into international travel. That is where you come in! When you are part of the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand you are more than just a job title. At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts we look for people who are charming, confident, and internationally-minded; people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations.
Your day to day
This role will mainly work weekends but there may be other shifts based on business demands.
- You will be warm and welcoming, tailoring each guests experience to their unique tastes and you’ll create memories in line with the InterContinental Service Standards
- Deliver timely and personalised service across our various food and beverage outlets as required
- Wear your uniform with pride
- Own your area – keep your work area clean and tidy, all set with supplies and equipment
- Take on other ad-hoc duties when the whole team needs to pull together
What we need from you
- Articulate – a great communicator, you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to
- Experienced – You'll be familiar with service skills in restaurant environment. Barista skills and wine knowledge will be beneficial.
- Your problem solving skills will turn issues into opportunities so every guests leaves with great memories
- Fluency in English – extra language skills would be great, but not essential
- Flexibility– night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- Compliant – you’ll be above minimum age required and hold RSA Certification
- Strong – sometimes you’ll need to lift, push, pull big objects up to 23kgs.
What we offer
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, well give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand and IHG and well make sure you will have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com