Casual Barista - InterContinental Adelaide
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, South Australia, Adelaide
Hotel: InterContinental - Adelaide (ADLHA)
Job number: EMEAA24716
InterContinental Adelaide is all about delivering true hospitality to our guests and our team! Our team is passionate and welcoming and we are looking for people with a positive attitude and love to work in a fast passed environment! On a weekend we make about 500 great tasting barista coffees for our guests having breakfast.
At InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts our role is to put the glamour into international travel. That’s where you come in. When you’re part of the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand you’re more than just a job title. At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts we look for people who are charming, confident, and internationally-minded; people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations.
Your day to day
- You will primarily work on Saturday & Sunday mornings but other morning shifts may be available
- You'll be an important part of our fast-paced breakfast team
- You will be warm and welcoming, tailoring each guests experience to their unique tastes and you’ll create memories in line with the InterContinental Service Standards.
- Give guests a better experience by helping with any queries or advice
- Wear your uniform with pride
- Own your area – keep your work area clean and tidy, all set with supplies and equipment
- Take on other ad-hoc duties when the whole team needs to pull together
What we need from you
Join us as Part Time Barista at the InterContinental Adelaide. You’ll have ambition, talent and obviously, some key skills:
- Experience - Proven strong barista skills, having worked in a high volume environment as well as Food & Beverage attendant skills
- Communication skills – guest will need to come to you with concerns as well as compliments, so you’ll be easy to talk to
- Interpersonal Skills - you will have an engaging personality
- Fluency in English – extra language skills would be great, but not essential
- Flexibility – Early mornings, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- Compliant – you’ll be above minimum age required and hold RSA Certification
- Strong – sometimes you’ll need to lift, push, pull big objects up to 23kgs
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.Visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.