Carpenter - InterContinental Hayman Island Resort
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Hotel: Hayman Island Resort (HISHA), Hayman Island, Whitsunday Islands
Job number: 101639
IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
The InterContinental Hayman Island Resort will immerse you in the wonders of the Whitsundays, working in a five-star luxury environment which offers amazing career growth opportunities, professional training & development and provides a one-of-a-kind experience living and working in a tropical island paradise.
Your day to day
The island is experiencing an exciting period of growth and needs additional trades support. Our Island Carpenters are responsible for maintaining all building structures, finishes, and carpentry related services in the resort and staff village, including laundry section, kitchens, resort and village rooms, food and beverage outlets, marina, public areas, industrial, and plant rooms. In addition, you will assist in any after-hours emergencies that may arise when required and always keep an eye out for improvements.
This is a fixed term contract for 6 months with the potential to extend.
What we need from you
We are looking for enthusiastic and professional team players who knows how to deliver great service and exceed guest expectations. Ideally you will have:
- Experience – you’ll hold a trade qualification in Carpentry or have extensive industry experience with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to complete general maintenance repairs, including basic carpentry, painting, tiling, plastering and general maintenance tasks.
- Queensland safety induction White Card and current and valid drivers licence.
- Fitness – you’ll be on your feet most of the day and will need to bend and kneel a lot.
What we offer
- World class colleague facilities including excellent subsidised villa accommodation with a dedicated pool, beach area, two gyms, bar, buffet diner, laundry, movie room, corner store and sports fields.
- An exciting and ever-changing colleague activities calendar filled with an abundance of recreational activities such as tennis, yoga, meditation, hikes, markets, crafts and much more.
- Extensive career development opportunities with dedicated onsite trainers and an abundance of professional growth opportunities including multi-hire programs, skills training and optional courses.
- IHG Australia’s myBenefits program including paid birthday leave, wellbeing hub, employee room rates, service recognition celebrations & myPerks platform with an extensive list of lifestyle and retail discounts from over 400 of Australia and New Zealand’s most popular retailers.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.