Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza
Location: Qatar, Ad Dawhah, Doha
Qatar, Ad Dawhah, Doha
Job number: EMEAA24676
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality. We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way. With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there are countless opportunities at your fingertips. We’re growing; grow with us. Conveniently located in the heart of one of Doha's key business districts, close to major banks, Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn Doha – The Business Park is just a 15-minute drive by car or complimentary shuttle from Doha's Hamad International Airport and near such attractions as Museum of Islamic Arts and Souk Waqif. Our 378 stylish guestrooms and suites at Crowne Plaza and 307 well-appointed guestrooms at Holiday Inn are all equipped with modern amenities designed for comfort and high-speed wireless internet access to stay connected.
Your day to day
Assist the Shift Engineer with general hotel and building minor maintenance and ensure that work is completed to a high standard within your established trade which meets the needs and expectations of our guests and colleagues.
• Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
• Attends to repairs of various types of furniture, wooden or gypsum panels and false ceilings.
• Carries out repairs and maintenance of door locks, door closers and sliding door mechanism.
• Executes construction job including partitions and false ceilings.
• Ensures that the plant rooms, workshops and related areas are kept clean and tidy condition.
• Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety
• Familiarize yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures
• Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of the Line Manager
• Attends to all Fire Life Safety Training Sessions when scheduled.
What we need from you
At least 2 years of similar experience in a 5 stars hotel. Extensive knowledge of carpentry work, wall coverings, gypsum board works, can-do attitude, able to multitask & meet deadlines.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with great benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training. Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.