Captain - Food & Beverage - InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai, Dubai
Hotel: InterContinental - Dubai - Festival City (DXBHB)
Job number: EMEAA21995
Do you see yourself as F&B Captain for InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City?
What's your passion? Whether you're into triathlon, exploring new restaurants or dancing the tango, at IHG we're interested in you. We love people who apply the same amount of passion and precision to their jobs as they do to their hobbies. Imagine working for a company that gives you Room to be yourself. Our commitment to our people is to deliver room to have a great start, to learn and grow, to perform, to be recognized and rewarded, to be involved and to take the initiative and lead.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
Your day to day
Assist to ensure the smooth conduct of the shift through customer focused service delivery and effective staff supervision. Promotes the desired work culture around the five core values of Trust, Integrity, Respect, One Team and Service of the InterContinental Hotels Group and the brand ethos.
- Endeavour to resolve all complaints during shift and logs all complaints in log book for further follow up
- Executes cash handling and banking procedures
- Prepare daily banking and cash flow reports
- Establish and instruct staff in cash security procedures
- Reports or deals with irregular payments
- Supervise the maintenance of service equipment
- Monitor standards of guest facilities and services
- Control stock and monitor security procedures
- Assist with menu and wine list creation
- Supervises colleagues during shifts and functions
- Supervise outlet section service
What we need from you
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for:
- Great communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and in different functions
- Warm and inviting personality
- Ability to think calmly under pressure
- Willingness to learn open-mindedly
- Passion of food and curiosity for something new
- Basic organisation skills in restaurant operation
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG® family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.